My name is Shannon McGrew and I'm a graduate of the New England Institute of Art, having received my Bachelor of Science in Interior Design in April 2011. I've found that Interior Design in my life, my love, and my passion.
I'm currently an AutoCAD Designer for Modern Line Furniture, and have had experience as a Junior Designer for the television show "Man Caves" on the DIY Network, as well as being an In-Home Designer for La-Z-Boy Furniture. In my free time, I own my own design company, Shannon McGrew Designs, where I specialize in Interior Design and Graphic Design.
My goal is to get my masters in architecture and work for an architectural/design firm that specializes in pushing the limits of design.
Modern Line Furniture, Rahway, NJ, US, AutoCAD Designer/Head Designer
- Create furniture CAD blocks and draft architectural floor plans.
- Catalog all newly released furniture collections with appropriate dimensions.
- Assist the sales staff with the development of innovative furniture floor plan designs.
- Price and submit quotes based on furniture floor plans, AutoCAD drawings, and specification worksheets.
- Develop client relationships within the Hospitality, Architecture, and Design communities - through industry networking events and trade show exhibits.
Shannon McGrew Designs, Montclair, NJ, US, Owner
- Freelance Interior Designer
- Specializing in Residential Design
- AutoCAD layouts, space planning, 3D renderings
"Man Caves" Leopard Films for DIY Network, New York, NY, US, Junior Designer/Design Coordinator
- To assist in the design and build teams construction of each Man Caves project for the contributing family.
- To assist the Producers and Senior Designers with acquiring trade outs.
- To assist with Senior Designers with shopping, building, and set decorating.
- To assist with the completion of all trade out and contributor paperwork.
- To assist with the reconciliation of petty cash, credit card purchases, and accounting for the spent budget.
La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries, Stoughton, MA, US, In-Home Interior Designer
- Designing and creating comfortable and functional environments that represents client's lifestyle, taste, and budget.
- Schedule professional home consultations to present customized room designs, including sample fabrics, furniture, tables and accessory recommendations as well as the benefits of a professional installation service.
- Created grassroots opportunities to increase the overall performance of the In-Home Design Program.
- Team with Store Manager, Sales Managers and Associates to promote the In-Home Design program and drive overall store sales.
- Assist with training, coaching, and developing Sales Associates, Interior Designers and other store staff.
- Assist with maintenance of the overall visual appearance of store by maintaining floor and/or showroom displays, tagging of products and accessories, maintaining accessory catalogs and design center fabrics.
The New England Institute of Art, Brookline, MA, US, Teaching Assistant, AutoCAD
- Help and assist students to understand the basic elements of AutoCAD 2011.
J/Brice Design International, Boston, MA, Intern
- Worked closely and effectively with Senior Interior Designers.
- Quickly established rapport with vendors for acquiring samples for projects.
- Developed and organized plans in ArchiCAD; as well as composed documents in Microsoft Office and Photoshop CS5
The New England Institute of Art, Bachelors, Interior Design
Had classes such as:
- CAD Fundamentals/Advanced CAD
- Space Planning
- Residential Design
- Commercial Design
- Institutional Design
- Interior Architecture
- Furniture Design