Hello, my name is Roger Brian Mason, I’m a full time college student (civil engineering major) living in Brooklyn New York. I started my work experience at the age of eighteen for various companies using different disciplines. This experience has proven to be valuable in my development as an individual/employee. I'm truly not comfortable until my task/job is complete and done to the best of my abilities. I'm honest, hard-working, and I'm never afraid to roll-up my sleeves to complete any task I'm assigned too.
After years of putting it on hold I made the difficult decision to leave my full time job with the Y.M.C.A. to pursue a college degree. I took this past year to travel the country, work on my craft as a musician, and more importantly becoming one of the top students in New York City College of Technology’s engineering program with a 3.4 GPA.
When you add me to your team, you're adding someone who always has a positive outlook on life and about work. You also are adding someone with years of work experience, and is looking forward to continue building upon that experience with you.
I look forward to hearing from you, and good luck with your future endeavors.
New York City College of Technology, Brooklyn, NY, US, Peer Leader
• Collaborate with other Peer Leaders, staff and faculty in creating a productive and inclusive classroom community
• Exploration of experiential learning opportunities
• Goal setting and reflection on goal attainment
• Serve as a positive role model and mentor to students
• Encourage students to explore and become involved in a variety of curricular and group activities
• Participate in combined Peer Leader training
YMCA of Greater New York (Park Slope Armory), Brooklyn, NY, US, Membership Representative
• Coordinated between, Training Staff, Membership, Program Directors, and Security.
• Provided premier Customer Service to members, and guests
• Processed memberships, program registrations and other transactions accurately.
• Responded appropriately to members concerns, working towards resolutions.
• Supported fund-raising and promotional efforts.
• Built supportive and caring relationships with members to assist them with their health goals.
Mark Winston Griffith Campaign for City Council, Brooklyn, NY, US, Field Organizer
• Performed constituency outreach, via door knocking.
• Created phone data lists; by making introductory calls to people in the community, creating awareness about the council race.
• Developed different politic policies along with other team members.
• Organized block association presidents, and their constituents.
• Generated and organized candidates schedule.
• Maintained the campaign system alongside other Field organizers.
Slice: The Perfect Food (Organic Pizza Restaurant), Brooklyn, NY, US, Assistant Manager
• Provided and maintained customer satisfaction.
• Improved general inventory of restaurant by generating a methodical-and organized system of arrangement.
• Balanced cash register daily; through Aldelo POS system combined with Seamless Web.
• Trained and developed new staff while maintaining a healthy work environment.
• Took phone orders for wholesales/in store orders, food preparation, cashiering, pizza making, and deliveries.
New York City College of Technology/CUNY, Brooklyn, NY, US, High School, Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering
In the Civil Engineering Technology Program, focus is on the fundamental concepts and technical skills required to create a wide range of career paths in the civil engineering profession.