Designer with a broad range of experience in multidisciplinary project development, urban design, planning and architecture, seeking new role in a consultant capacity. Comprehensive understanding of multiple building types, land use, and zoning; prior experience across a wide array of different firms and building types. Detail oriented, team player able to fluidly and simultaneously handle multiple tight deadlines under pressure. Excellent communication, software and presentation skills.
FXFOWLE Architects, New York, NY, US, Designer in Urban Studio
- Create and develop complex multi-building mixed use developments with major developers and clients in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Create deliverables for simultaneous projects in a tight, pressure driven environment with frequent meetings and deadlines.
- Conduct retail, commercial, residential, and hotel multi-use building design integrated with urban design strategies.
- Work closely in teams of two to five peers and supervisors to create multiple schemes and comprehensive client presentations.
- Tabulate area calculations corresponding with building layouts and designs to meet specific developer’s goals.
- Configure and resolve parking and zoning issues. Create comprehensive base maps for projects using GIS data, and graphics.
Reston Executive Center, Reston, Virginia
Client: The JBG Companies, February – September, 2013
- Developed iterations of phased schematic master plans and strategies for a new mixed use center in a 1980’s era suburban office complex, and raise development square footage from 600,000 sf to 1.8 million SF for an initial target FAR increase of 3.
- Proposed design successfully achieves goal to preserve three existing buildings and one parking garage, while developing four new mixed use towers on a very difficult and highly constrained site. Goal to create a retail and community node in phased development.
- Created and edited weekly client presentations, including plans, 3D views, and area tabulations of multiple schemes and variations.
- Developed parking strategies, internal road and garage configurations integrated within proposed buildings to meet parking minimums. Configured project to cater to pedestrians from new nearby Metrorail Silver Line access.
“La Central” Affordable Housing and Mixed Use Development, Bronx, New York, NY
Client: Related Companies, The Hudson Companies, Inc., May – July, 2013
- Developed and presented a 1.2 million SF, five building developer RFP with the Related and Hudson team for mixed use affordable housing in the Bronx through the NYC Department of Housing Preservation and Development.
- Maintaining daily-changing plans and 3D models, and created presentations for weekly client meetings.
- Developed zoning plans and sections to address issues such as setbacks, sky exposure planes, and meet frontage requirements.
- Developed plans, sections, and layout studies for the YMCA, an anchor tenant of the development, directly with their representative.
- Developed final deliverables for Tab K architectural submission, including rendered elevations and base drawings.
Major Federal Government Agency and Westphalia Development, Washington, DC and Prince George’s County, MD
Client: The Walton Group, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman, LLP., February – September, 2013
- Led the creation and development of proposals for the relocation of a major federal government agency headquarters to the proposed Westphalia development in Prince George’s County, MD, and redevelopment of the original site in downtown Washington, DC.
- Worked through several iterations of rendered plans, security diagrams, 3D models, and renderings for the Westphalia site.
- Conducted many planning studies of 1.8 to 2.3 million SF multi-building developments on the downtown site for presentations to DC planning staff and developer staff on a bi-monthly basis. - ------- Worked through and adjusted prime site strategies to move forward, including plans, area calculations, and 3D models.
PenPlace Design Guidelines, Crystal City, Virginia
Client: Vornado Realty Trust, March - September, 2013
- Team member for long term development of design guidelines for a five building, mixed use transit oriented development.
- Worked closely with Vornado and the FXFOWLE/Landscape Architecture Bureau team to meet targets for County Planning meetings involving multiple, constantly changing designs.
- Created and modified parking strategies for development, including tabulations on required parking counts based on square footages.
32 Avenue of the Americas, Manhattan, New York, NY
Client: Rudin Management Company, Inc., April – May, 2013
- Contributed to the development of plans, sections, elevations, details, and 3D models of an exterior retail retrofit for the landmarked 32 Avenue of the Americas building in TriBeCa, New York, NY.
- Created a new retail frontage on the ground level of the building while maintaining its landmark status and art-deco architecture.
- Created several presentation packages for the New York Historic Building Council approval in May, 2013.
Base Map Development for Interviews and RFP Packages
- Penn’s Landing RFP: Developed base maps and diagrams for a Hargreaves Associates led submission in March, 2013.
- Seaport City Feasibility Study: Developed presentation materials, including a detailed 48”x36” base map of Lower Manhattan, case studies, and graphic materials, for an ARCADIS-led interview with the New York Economic Development Corporation.
- West 29th Street Study: Developed base maps and graphics for a Douglaston Companies development proposal near Hudson Yards.
Regional Plan Association, New York, NY, US, Research Associate in Regional Design
Regional Plan Association is an independent non-profit urban research and advocacy group that prepares long range plans and policies to guide development and growth in the New York City metropolitan region. The Community Design program plans, designs, and revitalizes regional centers.
- Design and develop reports, and corresponding graphic and map materials.
Study, understand, and develop municipal plans; smart growth plans; land use, zoning, parking, and transportation policies for various metropolitan New York City projects. Create corridor level urban design and zoning guidelines.
- Develop comprehensive RFP/RFQ responses; coordinate events, logistics, and data management strategies.
- Bridgeport Main Street and State Street Zoning and Design Guidelines: Created and managed form-based design and zoning guidelines for two mile long corridors in the City of Bridgeport, Connecticut, principally utilizing AutoCAD and Adobe InDesign.
- Managed research for smart growth, land use, transportation, and sustainability plans in a six county Mid-Hudson Valley region.
- Tools for Engagement Workshop: Team lead for coordinating a forum on using new technology to facilitate public engagement.
- Newburgh Area Transportation and Land Use Study: Finished 130-page comprehensive plan, including map development using ArcGIS and MAPublisher, and report formatting in Adobe InDesign, concluding a two year RPA & AKRF, Inc. effort in three months.
- Orange County Greenway Compact: Researched and managed comprehensive plans in 31 municipalities in Orange County, NY over two months to assess policies for developing the compact document. Team member with map creation and design.
- Team member in producing RFP responses for TOD and land use planning projects in Connecticut, including the development of planning framework diagrams, report content, graphics, and marketing material in collaboration with partner firms.
ZGF Architects LLP, Los Angeles, CA, US, Architect I
Zimmer Gunsul Frasca Architects is a corporate architecture firm specializing in the design of multi-story healthcare, medical research, civic, and commercial facilities.
- Design large healthcare, medical research and civic buildings in a team environment across all architectural project phases.
- Provide methodical design input and technical knowledge in programming, structure, curtain wall systems, building details, core and shell design, and interiors.
- University of Hawaii Cancer Research Center: Created 3D site plans for winning competition. Subsequently worked on awarded 150,000 SF project through schematic design and 50% design development over four months. Primarily focused on 3D models, floor plans, curtain wall details and design, grand staircase development, core-and-shell drawings, sections, and physical model.
- Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles’ Phase III: Responded to RFI and CCD submittals during the construction administration phase of the seven story, 480,000 SF expansion. Organized, updated, and archived seven year Microsoft Access drawing database.
- Santa Clara Family Justice Center: Worked directly with a firm principal, Braulio Baptista, to create winning competition entry on a 80,000 SF site, and an additional entry for a separate Southeast Los Angeles Courthouse (utilizing Sketchup models).
- University of Miami Life Science Park: Successfully assumed ownership of and completed 100% permit construction document package for the six story, 252,000 SF project within a team. Finished interior lobby detail drawings, RCPs, and plans.
Rice University, Houston, TX, US, BArch, Architecture
Rice University, Houston, TX, US, Bachelors, Architecture