I am a professional with two years project development and design experience in a broad range of healthcare, civic, research, and commercial architecture; and urban planning. I have extensive software experience with AutoCAD/REVIT, Adobe Creative Suite, and 3D software. I am able to execute full scope of projects from pre-design through schematic design, design development, construction documents, and construction administration. I have experience working in a corporate firm and at a non-profit.
Regional Plan Association, New York, NY, US, Research Associate in Regional Design
Regional Plan Association is an independent non-profit urban research and advocacy group that prepares long range plans and policies to guide development and growth in the New York City metropolitan region. The Community Design program plans, designs, and revitalizes regional centers.
My responsibilities included:
- Creating and designing reports, and their corresponding graphic and map materials.
- Studying, understanding, and developing municipal plans; smart growth plans; land use, zoning, parking, and transportation policies.
- Creating corridor level urban design and zoning guidelines.
- Developing comprehensive RFP/RFQ responses.
- Coordinating events, logistics, and data management strategies.
- Created and managed form-based design and zoning guidelines for mile long North Main Street and State Street corridors in the City of Bridgeport, Connecticut, principally utilizing AutoCAD and Adobe InDesign.
- Managed research for smart growth, land use, transportation, and sustainability plans in a six county Mid-Hudson Valley region.
- Team lead for coordinating the Tools for Engagement Workshop, a 38 person private forum on using new technology and outreach tools to facilitate public engagement for the upcoming RPA Fourth Regional Plan.
- Finished 130-page Newburgh Area Transportation and Land Use Study comprehensive plan, including map development using ArcGIS and MAPublisher, and report formatting in Adobe InDesign, concluding a two year RPA & AKRF, Inc. effort in three months.
- Researched and managed comprehensive plans in 31 municipalities in Orange County, NY over two months to assess policies for developing the Orange County Greenway Compact. Team member with map creation and design.
- Team member in producing RFP responses for TOD and land use planning projects in Connecticut, including the development of planning framework diagrams, report content, graphics, and marketing material in collaboration with partner firms.
Zimmer Gunsul Frasca Architects (ZGF), Los Angeles, CA, US, Architect I
Zimmer Gunsul Frasca Architects is a corporate architecture firm specializing in the design of multi-story healthcare, medical research, civic, and commercial facilities.
My responsibilities included:
- Designing large healthcare, medical research and civic buildings in a corporate setting across all architectural project phases.
- Providing methodical design input and technical knowledge in programming, structure, curtain wall systems, building details, core and shell design, and interiors.
- Creating 3D models, site diagrams, programming diagrams, drawings and renderings.
- Created 3D site plans for winning University of Hawaii Cancer Research Center competition. Subsequently worked on awarded 150,000 SF project through schematic design and 50% design development over four months. Primarily focused on 3D models, floor plans, curtain wall details and design, grand staircase development, core-and-shell drawings, sections, and physical model.
- Responded to RFI and CCD submittals during the construction administration phase of the seven story, 480,000 SF Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles’ Phase III expansion. Organized, updated, and archived seven year Microsoft Access drawing database.
- Worked directly with a firm principal, Braulio Baptista, to create winning competition entry for the San Jose Courthouse on a 80,000 SF site, and an additional entry for the Southeast Los Angeles Courthouse (utilizing Sketchup models).
- Successfully assumed ownership of and completed 100% permit construction document package for the six story, 252,000 SF University of Miami Life Science Park within a team. Finished interior lobby detail drawings, RCPs, and plans.
Rice University, Houston, TX, US, BArch, Architecture
Rice University, Houston, TX, US, Bachelors, Architecture