Designer with a broad range of experience in multidisciplinary project development, urban design, planning and architecture, seeking new role in a consultant capacity. Comprehensive understanding of multiple building types, land use, and zoning; prior experience across a wide array of different firms and building types. Detail oriented, team player able to fluidly and simultaneously handle multiple tight deadlines under pressure. Excellent communication, software and presentation skills.
Bruce Bierman Design, New York, NY, Contractor - Junior Project Manager and Designer
- Work directly with clients, vendors, and consultants to ascertain and meet project goals in high-end residential architecture and interiors.
- Develop and maintain project drawing sets - construction plans, furniture plans, RCPs/Electric, and corresponding elevations and details.
FXFOWLE Architects, New York, NY, US, Designer in Urban Studio
- Created and developed complex multi-building mixed use developments with major developers and clients in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Tabulated area and phasing spreadsheets corresponding with building layouts and designs to meet specific developer’s goals.
- Created deliverables and comperehensive client presentations for simultaneous projects in a tight, pressure driven environment.
- Configured and resolved parking and zoning issues. Created comprehensive base maps for projects using GIS data and graphics.
Reston Executive Center, Reston, Virginia
Client: The JBG Companies, February – September, 2013
- Developed iterations and client presentations of phased schematic master plans for a new mixed use center in a 1980’s suburban office complex, raising development square footage from 600,000 SF to 1.8 million SF, preserving three existing buildings with one parking garage and developing four phased mixed use towers on a very difficult and highly constrained site.
“La Central” Affordable Housing and Mixed Use Development, Bronx, New York, NY
Client: Related Companies, The Hudson Companies, Inc., May – July, 2013
- Developed the winning 1.2 million SF, five building developer RFP for mixed use affordable housing in the Bronx through the NYC Department of Housing Preservation and Development, which included zoning plans/sections, client presentations, and all drawings.
Major Federal Government Agency and Westphalia Development, Washington, DC & Prince George’s County, MD
Client: Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman, LLP, February – September, 2013
- Led the development of proposals for the relocation of a major federal government agency headquarters to the proposed Westphalia development in Prince George’s County, MD.
- Conducted mixed use planning studies (area calculations, plans, 3D models) of 1.8 to 2.3 million SF for redevelopment of the downtown Washington site for presentations to DC planning staff and developer staff.
PenPlace Design Guidelines, Crystal City, Virginia
Client: Vornado Realty Trust, March - September, 2013
- Team member for long term development of design guidelines for a five building, mixed use transit oriented development, working with client team to meet targets for County Planning meetings; multiple designs; and parking strategies based on required zoning codes.
32 Avenue of the Americas, Manhattan, New York, NY
Client: Rudin Management Company, Inc., April – May, 2013
- Created several presentation packages for the New York Historic Building Council approval in May, 2013, of a ground level exterior retail retrofit of the landmarked 32 Avenue of the Americas building.
Base Map Development for Interviews and RFP Packages
- Penn’s Landing RFP: Developed base maps and diagrams for a Hargreaves Associates submission in March, 2013.
- Seaport City Feasibility Study: Developed a detailed 48”x36” base map of Lower Manhattan and a full presentation for an ARCADIS-led interview with the New York Economic Development Corporation.
- West 29th Street Study: Developed base maps and graphics for a Douglaston Companies proposal.
Regional Plan Association, New York, NY, US, Research Associate in Regional Design
Regional Plan Association is an independent non-profit urban research and advocacy group that prepares long range plans and policies to guide development and growth in the New York City metropolitan region. The Community Design program plans, designs, and revitalizes regional centers.
- Design and develop reports, and corresponding graphic and map materials.
Study, understand, and develop municipal plans; smart growth plans; land use, zoning, parking, and transportation policies for various metropolitan New York City projects. Create corridor level urban design and zoning guidelines.
- Develop comprehensive RFP/RFQ responses; coordinate events, logistics, and data management strategies.
- Bridgeport Main Street and State Street Zoning and Design Guidelines: Created and managed form-based design and zoning guidelines for two mile long corridors in the City of Bridgeport, Connecticut, principally utilizing AutoCAD and Adobe InDesign.
- Managed research for smart growth, land use, transportation, and sustainability plans in a six county Mid-Hudson Valley region.
- Tools for Engagement Workshop: Team lead for coordinating a forum on using new technology to facilitate public engagement.
- Newburgh Area Transportation and Land Use Study: Finished 130-page comprehensive plan, including map development using ArcGIS and MAPublisher, and report formatting in Adobe InDesign, concluding a two year RPA & AKRF, Inc. effort in three months.
- Orange County Greenway Compact: Researched and managed comprehensive plans in 31 municipalities in Orange County, NY over two months to assess policies for developing the compact document. Team member with map creation and design.
- Team member in producing RFP responses for TOD and land use planning projects in Connecticut, including the development of planning framework diagrams, report content, graphics, and marketing material in collaboration with partner firms.
ZGF Architects LLP, Los Angeles, CA, US, Architect I
Zimmer Gunsul Frasca Architects is a corporate architecture firm specializing in the design of multi-story healthcare, medical research, civic, and commercial facilities.
- Design large healthcare, medical research and civic buildings in a team environment across all architectural project phases.
- Provide methodical design input and technical knowledge in programming, structure, curtain wall systems, building details, core and shell design, and interiors.
- University of Hawaii Cancer Research Center: Created 3D site plans for winning competition. Subsequently worked on awarded 150,000 SF project through schematic design and 50% design development over four months. Primarily focused on 3D models, floor plans, curtain wall details and design, grand staircase development, core-and-shell drawings, sections, and physical model.
- Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles’ Phase III: Responded to RFI and CCD submittals during the construction administration phase of the seven story, 480,000 SF expansion. Organized, updated, and archived seven year Microsoft Access drawing database.
- Santa Clara Family Justice Center: Worked directly with a firm principal, Braulio Baptista, to create winning competition entry on a 80,000 SF site, and an additional entry for a separate Southeast Los Angeles Courthouse (utilizing Sketchup models).
- University of Miami Life Science Park: Successfully assumed ownership of and completed 100% permit construction document package for the six story, 252,000 SF project within a team. Finished interior lobby detail drawings, RCPs, and plans.
Rice University, Houston, TX, US, BArch, Architecture
Rice University, Houston, TX, US, Bachelors, Architecture