It is with great excitement that submit my resume to you. Much of my work experience is in Commercial Architecture in a dense New York City environment. Greg Centeno Design is a boutique Interior Architectural firm specializing in custom upscale office space. Greg Centeno Design client base is fashion industry, real estate, finance and law related. The fashion industry work included wholesale selling spaces that simulated retail selling environments along with one of a kind reception / electronic display areas.
As a Project Manager my responsibility began with initial client meetings, fit tests and schematic design and went all the way thru construction, installation and final client billing. A typical inner city site would be several floors in an existing NYC building that would be demolished to a cold dark shell.
In addition to commercial design I also did some select high end urban and suburban residential projects mostly for commercial clients.
I am self-motivated, collaborative, and comprehensive. I delight in the process of leading a team of designers, engineers, vendors and contractors to a spectacular finished project.
Nakuuruq Solutions, LLC, Panama City Beach, FL, US, Engineering Technician V / Department of Defense Contractor
• Responsible for Systems Furniture design and reconfiguration, General design and drafting of architectural projects for NSWC Facilities Dept. projects, Stand Alone Furniture design, Client design development, Development of vendor bids, Systems Furniture inventory control, Development of Systems Furniture stock orders, Systems Furniture construction coordination and Surveys, Reports and Studies supporting Facilities Projects.
• Typically responsible for design or work areas and all associated furniture requirements. Responsible for 25 to 50 general architectural projects annually. Duties include execution of the design process from initial client meeting thru final sign-off of design documents and all associated record keeping.
• Computer Proficiency: Auto CAD, Quick Books, Excel, Word, Power Point, Access, Snagit.
Greg Centeno Design & Company, LLC, New York, NY, US, Interior Architect / Interior Designer / Construction Manger
• Responsible for design and oversight of construction of multimillion dollar office build-outs in New York City. Management of all phases of projects: program development, design development, development of construction documents, contractor bidding, construction and finishing phases along with budgeting, procurement and invoicing. Responsible for guiding clients through initial space evaluations, space planning, environmental psychology, design development, bid evaluation, construction and move in.
• Typically responsible for 3 to 5 projects simultaneously ranging from 10,000 to 50,000 square feet with budgets from 1.5 to 6.5 million. Responsible for management of relations with vendors, general contractors and their sub- contractors and building departments.
• Computer Proficiency: Auto CAD, Quick Books, Excel, Word, Power Point & Access.
Fashion Institute of Technology, State University of New York, New York, NY, US, BArch, Interior Architecture
Interior Architecture and Environmental Psychology
Store design, National Association of Retail Designers competition 1995, 2nd Place