SUMMARY: Accomplished a Master degree in Architecture at the Leibniz University in Hanover, Germany, with an excessive background in design, drafting, detailing and illustration. Experienced in presentations, design development, technical documentation, architectural consultation, zero- and plus energy building, “green” technology, site supervision, interior design and sales.
Highly developed sense of functional and yet attractive orientation of designs. Able to work very well in a team, self motivated and very efficient. Constant and fast learner.
Gained professional experience in Europe and South Africa.
LANGUAGES: Bulgarian (native), fluent in German and English, basic knowledge of Afrikaans and Spanish
COMPUTER SKILLS: AutoCAD, ArchiCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, MAYA, 3DMax, Cinema 4D, Sketch Up, Autodesk Architectural Desktop (ADT), Nemetschek- Allplan, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Dream Weaver, Flash (basic knowledge)
PUBLICATIONS: Nora Stoycheva & Sonja Hoffmann: Semester Project “Schwitters’ House”, was presented as a second best semester project in the Department of Building Administration in Hanover (February 7- March 7, 2005), published in Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung and Neue Presse.
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS: Swimming, Olympics, Photography, Sketching, Motorsports
EuroCasa, Cape Town, RSA, Cape Town, ZA, Architectural Consultant, Designer, Saleswoman
• Servicing, hosting and interfacing clients to ensure that sales are made and sale targets are achieved
• Taking briefs, conceptualizing and designing kitchen/ furniture/ wardrobe solutions for these client briefs
• Pricing and quoting on projects
• Ensuring the designs are accurate, correct and that they are installable
• Site project management and liasing with all project role players to ensure that all construction process is closely managed
• Conceptual, structural and lighting design of first Poltrona Frau brand shop in Cape Town
• Interior design and presentations
• Site supervision, coordination of electrical, plumbing and mechanical layouts
• Provision of technical details for accommodation of the designer furniture and kitchens.
• Kitchen design, incl. electrical, plumbing and mechanical layouts.
• Sales of kitchens and furniture; communication with clients and their architects/ designers.
• Marketing presentations and design of advertisement for magazines
self-employment, Cape Town, ZA, Personal Trainer
Certified with NASM ((US) National Academy for Sports Medicine). Personal training and home personal training, functional training specialist, fat los and muscle gain, corrective training, sports specific training for performance, plyometric training
none, Cape Town, ZA, Swimmer
Preparing for Summer Olympic Games 2012 in London
MDL/ Archstation, Cape Town, RSA, Cape Town, ZA, Junior Architect
Project: Cape Town Station 2010
• Material presentations for design development
• Design development and design translation into technical documentation
• Technical documentation, such as:
- Preparing construction documents and finishes/ sanitary/ structural schedules.
- Coordinating the documents with the work designed by consultants.
- Preparing documents for approval from relevant authorities and for procuring offers for the execution of the works.
- Producing structural details for construction.
none, Hannöver, DE, Swimmer
Preparing for Summer Olympic Games 2008 in Beijing
S&P Engineering, Hanover, Germany, Hannöver, DE, Junior Architect
• Survey and Rescheduling holiday apartments for rent
• Design development for approval from relevant authorities
• Building applications, preliminary drafting and implementation planning for casinos
• Daylight calculations with “RELUX”, light and color designs for various projects
Leibniz University of Hanover, Masters, Architecture
German Diploma in Architecture, equals US Masters degree