Talented, creative and result-oriented Design Architect and Project Manager with strong passion and appreciation for design and detail. Managing complex design and build projects from inception to completion, including planning, design development, estimating, and client/contractor interactions. Expertise in commercial, high-profile retail, hospitality, offices and public projects. Representing most prestigious clients. Understanding of high-end design vocabulary, and have the ability to translate and bring concepts to reality, Knowledgeable in sustainable design techniques and applications. Ability to deliver projects within strict time deadlines and budget constrains without sacrificing creativity. Organized, meticulous, excellent communicator and problem solver with demonstrated ability to promote a positive work environment. Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Revit, 3D Max, SketchUp, Fast track and Primavera.
Specialties: Creative problem solver, capable of managing multiple projects, strive to keep positive attitude.
Define, manage and control project phases scopes, schedules, work plan, budget and deliverable.
Report project status to all stakeholders and maintain good relationships.
SYNC Office of Design Management, Toronto, ON, CA, Design Manager
• Develop compactable furniture solutions for smaller living spaces and home offices.
• Design and manage interior projects within budgetary restriction.
• Draft working drawings and specifications conformed to Building Codes standards and customer requirements.
• Represent client and liaise with different Authorities for building permit applications.
• Develop and supervise construction and installation schedule.
• Evaluate and select contractors, suppliers and manufacturers.
Temporary Contracts at Design and Build Companies, Toronto, ON, CA, Business Developer and Project Coordinator
• Market research and business development and increase annual target for new residential furniture distributor in Toronto.
• Develop Design Management, Quality and Safety Project Manuals. Review and evaluate drawing submissions and Request for Proposal (RFP).
• Space planning and selecting furniture required for relocating teams.
• Report on work progress against plans and targets and propose corrective actions.
• Assist in the development of records management procedures and guidelines.
• Prepare professional Power-Point presentations for marketing purposes.
• Provide full set of tender drawings for new constructions or renovation projects.
• Providing support to the Contracts Administrator, including processing invoices, issuing and reconciling petty cash.
• Train junior staff on the use of computer programs such as: Autocad, Photoshop, Aconex, Excel and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
Abu-Dhabi Western Region Municipality (WRM), Abu Dhabi, AE, Chief Resident Engineer
• Space planning and selecting furniture and light fixtures from various American and European suppliers for eight governmental buildings worth four million dollars.
• Assist the Executive Comity in developing 2030 visionary Master Plan capital program, construction and budget.
• Develop tender documents and evaluate tendered bids. Negotiate contractual issues, recommend approved consultants, contractors, suppliers and manufacturers.
• Maintain effective working relationship with members of all departments, officials, consultants, architects, engineers, and contractors. Provide full set of tender drawings for new constructions or renovation projects.
American University of Sharjah, Sharja, AE, Professor Adjunct
• Teaching ARC/IDE 461 Project Management for Design Students. Teaching the fundamentals of project management: planning, organizing, securing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives.
Sama-Dubai (Real Estate Development Company), Dubai, AE, Design Manager
• Select complete Head Quarters furniture and light fixtures worth more than six million dollars.
• Select Sales Centre and Mock-up apartment furniture and light fixtures.
• Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate Design aspect of the projects from start to finish according to time schedule, specifications and budget. Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules. Develop Technical Assessment Reports on Consultant’s submissions and define percentage of work completed. Manage Value Engineering Process if required. Demonstrated commitment to project management theories.
Sama-Dubai (Real Estate Development Company), Dubai, AE, Project Manager of Interiors
• Select Sales Centre and Mock-up apartment’s furniture and light fixtures.
• Manage on-site works for commercial projects. Develop Corporate Office Design Guidelines. Track and communicate project status. Manage any requests for changes, information or approvals. Analyze and evaluate cost models to ensure cost compliance.
Short term Contracts at Design and build Companies, Dubai, AE, Designer and Project Manager
• Involved in the design construction process, from drawing to building. Responsible for project research, site analysis, finishes schedule, 3D modeling and rendering. Prepare presentation boards and status reports.
• Responsible to meet an annual Sales Target for total Turnkey solutions in F&B projects, Commercial Interiors and Exhibitions, liaise with a team of Designers, Commercial mangers and Contractors and responsible for Client’s Handover Sign-offs.
George Brown College, Toronto, ON, CA, Carpentry and Furniture making
George Washington University, Dubai, AE, Project Management
American University of Sharjah, Sharja, AE, BArch, Architecture
Second prize winner in jewelry design worldwide competition sponsored by the World Gold Council, 2nd Place
Furniture Design Art award winning, Award