I am graduating from Barnard College of Columbia University in May with a major in Architecture and a minor in Dance.
My studies in the Architecture Department at Barnard College have expanded my creative and critical thinking skills. I have taken design studios each semester, and these classes have cultivated my ability to communicate through visual representation. In these studios Rhinoceros 3-D Modeling Software with the accompanying V-ray plug-ins is used primarily, with Auto-CAD being a supplementary tool. My working knowledge of other software applications employed in school-related design projects includes the Adobe Suite, Photoshop and Illustrator. Additionally, during Summer Internships in Graphic Design and 3-D Architectural Modeling, I developed a working knowledge of InDesign and Revit, respectively.
Studying architecture has fostered my time-management skills. I am innately very disciplined and motivated, but the nature of the Barnard Architecture Department has mandated that my time-management methods become more efficient and more flexible. Studio project deadlines and requirements are constantly changing, and I have become comfortable accommodating these quick changes.
My ability to work in groups also has been cultivated by my design studios. We frequently are asked to work in groups for design projects. Designing in a team environment is an aptitude that exceeds my basic leadership and teamwork abilities; it requires an entirely new level of careful listening and compromise. My summer work environments have matured my collaboration skills. I can proficiently listen and follow instructions given by my superiors while continuing to communicate and share my ideas.
Wrabb LLC, New York, NY, US, Marketing / Design Research Assistance
Research fashion trends
Compile design concept boards and look books
Write and edit text for publications, social media, and correspondences
ViSalus Sciences, Distributer and Marketing Assistant
• Promote and sell ViSalus nutritional products.
• Create innovative marketing graphics and manage social networking strategies.
Barnard College, New York, NY, US, New York City Civic Engagement Fellow
• Promote civic engagement in the Barnard community through outreach to the student body.
• Lead at least three campus-wide community service initiatives per semester.
• Foster and develop relationships between Barnard College and community-based organizations in New York City.
FeelGood, New York, NY, Columbia University Chapter President
• Manage Feel Good’s non-profit deli on campus weekly; keep track of expenses and earnings.
• Raise money for, and work closely with, The Hunger Project.
• Collaborate with other Feel Good students at bi-annual national leadership conferences.
Barnard College, New York, NY, US, C.I.T.Y Tutoring: Volunteer Coordinator, Student Administrator
• Tutor local high school students after school and organize the weekly schedule of tutors and students.
• Conduct afterschool-tutoring sessions for Middle School and High School students.
Classwish, New York, NY, US, Junior Graphic Designer
• Create and edit designs for marketing documents.
Bald Head Island Planning Department, Bald Head Island, NC, US, Revit Renderer
• Produce renderings for architectural remodels and proposed plans for island development.
Island Passage, Bald Head Island, NC, US, Retail Sales Assistant
• Served as liaison to clients in all areas of sales; dealt with customer complaints.
• Monitored and updated sales display areas; stocked, replenished and cleaned sales areas.
Barnard College, New York, NY, US, BArch, Architecture
Dean's List, Barnard College, Award
6 semesters (over 3.4 GPA)
excludes current semester and semester abroad
Spring Semester 2012
Girl Scout Gold Award, Award