Hotel Normandie Restoration
Restoration of a historically significant 4-story, 50,000 sf building. Included restoration and sensitively altering 95 guestrooms, commercial spaces, lobby, common spaces, and ballroom, with the addition of a new rooftop deck and restaurant.
- Served as the owner’s representative, designer, interior designer, and assisted in the construction administration of a 50,000 sf building on the National Registry of Historic places.
- Space planning of 95 guest rooms to maximize space and update to meet code requirements
- Generated architectural supplemental instructions and details as needed
- Organized scheduling and purchasing of equipment and fixtures to meet deadlines for staggered levels of completion to accelerate guest rooms coming to market
- Managed over 20 vendors and specialized consultants in sourcing FF&E and fixtures, led negotiations and coordination
- Oversaw and maintained continuous communication with a base construction crew of 6 people.
- Responsible for design and purchasing of FF&E to meet the owner’s design goals. For areas including guestrooms, lobby and common spaces including hallways, restrooms, conference rooms and meeting rooms with a budget of $550k.
- Researched and compiled a new list of vendors and manufacturers for hospitality products
- Designed the custom cabinetry and led the selection of bathroom and light fixtures
- Authorized work by tradesmen for finishes and custom designed pieces
- Acted as liaison for art direction of the public spaces and guestrooms, between the owner and photographer
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
My Role: Project manager, interior designer, construction administrator
Back to Top ↑Back to Project List...