A. Benzi Architects, Kiryat Ata, Israel, Job Captain, 5-6 years – Multi-family and mixed-use
Have complete responsibility for a number of residential projects designed for leading real estate entrepreneurs in Israel: An 18-apartment mixed-use building including commercial wing and parking structure, a 138-apartment project of four buildings, and a 94-apartment residential tower, in addition to participation in other projects in the office.
• Conduct preliminary research, including design alternatives for many projects.
• Proof plans and make necessary changes in order to meet city regulations and urban plans.
• Prepare authorization documents including required appendixes such as placement appendix, shelters, parking, etc.
• Coordinate, negotiate, and integrate consultants’ requirements into the architectural C.D.: (Structural, safety, MEP, parking, landscape, HVAC, acoustics, thermal, etc.)
• Prepare perfect sets of construction documents and details for many projects.
• Conducted on-site observations during construction and monitored compliance with the plans.
• Maintain the projects’ schedule and ensure deadlines are met.
• Solve technical challenges for my projects, as well as for other projects in the office.
• Earned the title of “problem solver” in the office for being able to solve fluently many critical problems, including computing and technical problems.
De-Idea Labs, Haifa, IL, Designer, 6 months - Cultural center, landscaping project, and restaurant interior design
Assisted the initial establishment of a new office and created a new set of standards and rules on which the workflow would be based. In addition, I was involved in some of the projects.
• Conducted preliminary research, spatial and urban analysis, design schemes, conceptual design, and preliminary plans for a cultural center.
• Created presentations for clients and actively participated in meetings.
• Trained and supervised interns and helped them meet their deadlines.
Badran Architects and Engineers LTD, Kabul village, Israel, Junior Designer, Almost two years – various single-family projects, additions and improvements, 3-Unit kindergarten, seniors recreational center.
Assisted in designing and drafting a number of single and multiple family houses, renovation projects, a 3-unit-kindergarten and a senior-citizens’ recreation center, including all authorization processes.
• Handled project authorization processes and fulfillment of conditions for authorization, including meetings with technicians of the local planning administration offices.
• Learned and mastered a new plan submission and confirmation process that was experimental at the time (2007) and taught it to the rest of the team. Created a set of preconfigured CAD files in which we could easily submit the urban plan documents online.
Technion-The Israeli Institute of Technology, Haifa, IL, BArch, Architecture and Town Planning
B.ARCH. graduation with honor, Honorable Mention