I am an interior designer based in New York City specializing in high-end residential interiors. I have a strong passion for antiques and vintage furniture, which informs my eclectic approach to design. I believe that spaces should reflect the stories of those who live in them through unique objects, furniture, and artwork. For me, design is not necessarily a practice with a definitive end; rooms should be able to breathe and evolve over time to meet the needs of their occupants.
Huniford Design Studio, New York, NY, US, Interior Designer
• Served as project manager for the decorative portion of the renovation of a New York City loft apartment.
• Oversaw the design development and production of Huniford Design Studio’s room for the 2014 Housing Works Design on a Dime Auction.
• Worked directly with workrooms on the design and development of custom furniture pieces, window treatments, and reupholstery of antiques.
• Assisted the Design Director with the fulfillment of all decorative projects.
• Coordinated shipping and installation of furniture, antiques, accessories, and artwork.
Huniford Design Studio, New York, NY, US, Design Intern
• Assisted with all aspects of decorative projects, including product research, furniture layouts, materials shopping, and scouting for vintage items.
• Developed schemes and presentation boards for a private label of linens.
• Developed CAD drawings of custom furniture.
Matthew Patrick Smyth, New York, NY, US, Design Intern
• Assisted with fabric, trim, and wallcovering research and selection.
• Coordinated deliveries and correspondence between designers and clients.
• Maintained and organized materials library.
Hudson Home, Hudson, NY, US, Office Assistant and Sales Associate
• Assisted clients with textiles, accessories, and furniture selections and purchases.
• Assisted with visual merchandising and maintained retail stock and sales floors.
• Scouted and researched antique and vintage furniture and accessories for clients.
Fashion Institute of Technology, State University of New York, New York, NY, US, Interior Design
Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, NY, US, Bachelors, Urban Studies