While working in Construction Administration at Stanley Beaman & Sears for four and a half years, I developed a broad base of skills and furthered my keen interest in architecture. Now that I have moved to Michigan, I would like to renew my involvement in the building industry. My experience in drafting, construction administration, specifications, and administrative work allows me to be a very versatile employee who can fill in many gaps on a short-handed team. I have worked on complicated projects that required a high level of precision and attention to detail. I am good at managing priorities and accomplishing a lot of work efficiently.
Stanley Beaman & Sears, Atlanta, GA, US, Construction Administration Assistant
- Drafted and keynoted on design and construction documents.
- Verified design documents for consistency.
- Reviewed consultant drawings and schedules for conflicts with architectural documents.
- Represented the architect in coordination meetings and conference calls with contractors.
- Reviewed buildings for punch list items and compliance with codes and construction documents.
- Drafted sketches and updated project documents for RFIs and changes such as addenda, change
proposal requests, and change orders.
- Tracked, filed, and assisted with completion of RFIs, submittals, and construction phase changes.
- Created new company standard logs, streamlined and standardized CA administrative practices.
- Used AIA proprietary software to create documents including contracts and change forms.
- Edited specifications.
- Worked on projects of over one million square feet and three hundred million dollars.
- Major project types included: pediatric healthcare, laboratory research, higher education, and museum.
- Won Jody Keuhn Gold Star Award for consistently going beyond the call of duty.
- Select projects include: Kennedy Krieger Institute Outpatient Center, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Nemours Children's Hospital, Georgia Museum of Art, and West Virginia University Biomedical Research Facility.
Haverford College, Haverford, PA, US, Bachelors, Philosophy
In addition to the training in logic, reasoning, and analysis inherent in a philosophy degree, I wrote my senior thesis written on the Philosophy of Architecture. Other coursework included History and Theory of Architecture at UPenn Graduate Architecture Department, Anthropology of Place and Spaces, and Medieval History of Architecture.
University of St. Andrews, St. Andrews, Fife, Scotland, Philosophy
Semester abroad coursework included Scottish History, Old French Literature, and Philosophy of