My name is Matthew Forsell and I am a recent Clemson University architecture graduate (3.82/4.00 GPA). Almost all my projects during my college career included some sort of sustainable design aspect, including but not limited to solar positioning and energy, wind positioning and energy, geothermal, and water collection. I work extremely well in 3D modeling both physical and digital including Sketchup, Revit, and Rhino. I also have expertise in Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, and AutoCAD. I have studied abroad to Barcelona, Spain, where I learned of both modern and contemporary architecture, which completely changed my design philosophy and process to one that considers the site and client much more heavily.
My design philosophy is the universe, as we know it tends to move from a state of order to disorder, a concept known as entropy. When a wine glass shatters into many pieces, it will not put itself back together, although physics would claim otherwise: if you reversed every force in the opposite direction of each piece of glass, it would be possible for the glass to break and rebuild itself in one throw. I see architects as the people who reverse the pieces of broken glass into an aesthetically pleasing whole. We, in the midst of disorder, create and find order, which can be very pleasing and practical if done correctly.
I also have a website which illustrates some of my more recent works at
www.matthewforsell.com, or if you are interested I could mail my portfolio to your firm. On my website I have my resume and pictures of some of my favorite buildings in Europe that I traveled to, along with 4 projects all completed during my senior year attending Clemson University.
Paesano's, Seneca, SC, US, Expeditor
- Worked (average 20 hours per week) during last year of school.
- Worked in large group setting to coordinate food delivery times and inspect dishes for quality
- Expedited up to $10,000 of food in one night
- Promoted from bus boy within two days of working
Self Employeed, Clemson, SC, US, Independent Handyman
- Constructed an eight-foot privacy fence in one day
- Laid up to 1000 square feet of hardwood floors in one day
- Laid concrete sidewalk
- Paint the interior and exterior of homes
- Repair work on doors, framing, walls, and ceilings.
- Hang sheet rock and spackle
- Pressure wash exterior of homes
- Help construct two story deck
- Remodel basements and bathrooms
Clemson University, Clemson, SC, US, BArch, Architecture
- Completed major in architecture
- Completed minor in philosophy
- Graduated magna cum laude (GPA 3.82/4.00)
- President’s list six semesters (4.0 GPA)
- Dean’s list two semesters (>3.5 GPA)
- Light Bench Design chosen from 75 to be presented by a review board for a 50K grant (still pending)