I am an energetic and self motivated architectural designer with 6 years of experience. I have worked on numerous projects in the Upper West Side Historic District, including the Dwight School and the West End Collegiate Church. For these projects I was tasked with creating presentation and material boards for LPC. As with all projects that I have worked on, I was also tasked with gathering field measururements and creating accurate drawings of the existing field conditions, and developing the working drawings.
My attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills ensure that every project I work is done accurately and to the highest possible standard. I am very familiar with all aspects of drawing preparation, including permit drawing production for DOB and full sets of construction documents for projects of various scope and program. I have great verbal and written communication skills which has allowed me to excel with consultant coordination and client interaction. I am a well rounded designer with job-site experience as well as very strong computer and exemplary CAD skills.
Barbara Marks Architect, New York, NY, US, Architectural Designer
- 6 years of experience dealing with a variet of educational and residential projects, from small renovations to substantial expansions and also master planning, while having an integral role throughout each project.
- All drawing preparation, including technical coordination of drawings and details, schedule coordination, permit drawing production for DOB, and presentation drawings for LPC.
- Consultant coordination, client interaction, site observation, field measurements, and photos.
- Developed projects in an organized and methodical way while prioritizing deadlines.
- AutoCad, Adobe Suite, and MS Office
- 3 years experience supervising the work of another draftsperson.
- Gathered all necessary experience requirements for professional registration and filed with NYSED.
- Completed full working drawing sets for over 10 residential renovations and expansions.
- Executed full working drawing sets for numerous educational projects, including a 20,00 sf expansion and renovation of The Dwight School at 22 W89th Street.
- Completed Building Department plans for over 30 projects of varying scope and program.
- Assembled Landmarks presentations for numerous projects.
- Specified material and paint palettes for over 40 projects varying in scope and program.
- Documented field conditions with measurements, sketches, CAD sketches, and photographs for all projects.
Pratt Woodshop, Brooklyn, NY, US, Woodshop Supervisor
- Taught students to safely use woodshop, metal shop and laser cutter, and managed new technicians.
Alexander Wolf and Son, New York, NY, US, Laborer
- Responsible for the renovation of office spaces in the United Nations building using modular components, including demolition, construction, and finishing.
Erik Knute Osborn Architect, Stony Point, NY, US, Intern
- Learned Autocad drafting, entered field measurements and sketches into CAD.
Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY, US, BArch, Architecture