My names is Maria. I am a versatile intern architect with an eye for detail, and has proven to perform under pressure to high standards. Flexible team player who is passionate about design, and eager to meet new challenges. Competent in working in a fast-paced and rigorous company environment. Motivated to deliver exceptional results for successful business outcomes.
I have professional experience in both commercial and residential aspects of the design industry. I have spent the past year working on a large-scale commercial re-branding project, gaining valuable experiences in retail design and re-branding. I have attained experiences from the project’s schematic design phase to the procurement and construction phases. Along with this experience, I was also fortunate to intern in a multi award winning architecture firm in New Zealand. Working on residential projects and some institutional projects. Recently I took up on a wonderful opportunity to relocated to United States on a 1-year J1 work exchange visa (DS-2019).
Meridian Design Associates Architects PC, New York, NY, US, Intern Architect
Commercial, broadcasting architecture
- Undertake design development of commercial and broadcasting projects.
- Translate design concepts to plans, elevations and concept details, producing complete construction documents for bid and construction.
- Prepare and submit to the relevant authorities for compliance under the supervision and guidance of the firm's Principle Architect.
- Selecting finish and materials (such as tiles, plumbing fittings & fixtures, lighting, furniture, fabrics, trims, and accessories), trends and custom furniture.
- Design and produce drawings / renders for competitions.
Harkess-Ord, Auckland, NZ, Designer
Commercial, retail design and rebranding
- Collaborating with senior designers to develop new concepts and produce prototypes.
- Producing architectural documentation and graphics representation.
- Interpreting RFI shop reviews and RFQ detail responses.
- Working closely with clients to specify retail branding schemes for individual sites.
- Managing the graphics production team to produce documentation for site by site retail schemes and meet design deadlines.
- Support role for procurement and construction phases.
Mitchell & Stout Architects, Auckland, NZ, Intern Architect
Residential, Institutional architecture
- Assisting senior designers with design development.
- Assembling construction document sets.
- Mending consent documentation.
- Physical model making, both conceptual models and presentation models.
- Assist in creating new proposal presentations.
- Office admin and reception duties.
The University of Auckland, Auckland, NZ, MArch, Master of Architecture
The University of Auckland, Auckland, NZ, Bachelors, Bachelor of Architectural Studies (BAS)