I'm a motivated architecture graduate with a bachelors degree from Woodbury University. During my time at school, I had the opportunity to work as an intern at an architectural firm specializing in residential and commercial projects. Under supervision of the project manager and principal, I learned the various inter-working of the office workflow, practices and procedures. I was able to return to this office for 4 consecutive summers gaining more experience, knowledge and growth.
Post graduation I continued working in the architectural & engineering field for a environmental graphics office. Here, I was in coordination with architects, engineers, and installers in completing educational, institutional and public works. I specialized in identification devices, architectural graphics & monuments and ADA signage. I became a project manager, juggling multiple projects and tracking their progress until completion.
Immediately after, I joined a small architectural office, specializing in high end residential homes. As part of the production team, I was under supervision of our principals I participated in the process of schematic design through construction documentation. I worked closely with the architect taking his sketches and translating them into working drawings, prepared bidding proposals within various consultant and familiarized myself with the plan check process.
Seeking my niche in the field I was appointed designer at an architecture & engineering office, specializing in communication sites. Working closely with field specialists and engineers, each site maintained strict ordinances within its local jurisdiction. Here, my team and I designed and drafted both zoning and construction documents of telecommunication projects throughout the Southern Califonia region for current and future builds.
Caltrop Corporation, Anaheim, CA, US, Designer
•Conducted thorough site analysis through on-site field investigations, documenting precise measurements and conditions crucial for efficient and operable telecommunication site.
•Coordinated with site acquisition specialist and engineers to design within strict local jurisdiction and regional ordinances.
•Designed and drafted both zoning and construction documents of telecommunication projects throughout the Southern Califonia region.
• Ability to produce deliverables in an extremely fast-paced work environment for review and submittal deadlines.
• Strong graphic communication skills, generating detailed and thorough drawings of equipment and hardware layouts.
• Contributed efforts into maximizing team workflow through coordination and implementation of standards and responsibilities.
Brion Jeannette Architecture, Newport Beach, CA, US, Junior Technical Drafter
• Assisted Principals and Project Managers throughout entire project phase from preliminary design to construction documentation.
• Conducted field/site visits for as-built measurement and documentation of custom residential renovations and remodels.
• Prepared preliminary drawings and sketches for client meetings and presentations as well as for plan-check & HOA submittal process.
• Contributed support in completing and finalizing entire drawing sets under strict submittal deadlines.
• Adaptability of multi-tasking within different phases of project development.
• Involvement in all phases of development, from schematic design to contractor bidding.
• Prepared documents and drawing sets for bidding/permit use.
A Good Sign & Graphics Co., Santa Ana, CA, US, Technical Designer
• Design and re-engineer new and existing architectural monuments and identifying devices.
• Create entire signage submittals, kick-starting the process for installation and completion of the project.
• Played a pivotal role in the design and physical completion of over 20+ public and private works since being brought onto the team in 2012.
• Managed entire projects, coordinating between architects, fabricators and installers.
• Illustrated technical CAD drawing details and architectural renderings.
• Complete technical and aesthetic understanding of incorporating architectural graphics and signage into the build environment.
• Cohesive team communication, effectively charting and completing projects on an efficient and timely manner.
• Strong knowledge of building codes, satisfying and balancing the clients needs along with local jurisdictions.
Kip Klayton Architects, Orange, CA, US, Intern / Junior Drafter*
*worked at this office during summer months and post graduation.
• Participated in various interworkings of the architectural office, ranging from design development to construction documentation.
• Contributed key support to an established architectural office participating in residential tenant improvements to a statewide commercial retail chain.
• Drew and corrected architectural drawings, prepared and illustrated architectural renderings and graphics, and collated entire drawing sets for in-house and client use.
• Developed interpersonal skills with colleagues, consultants and clients in and out of the office environment.
Studio IV, Lake Forest, CA, US, Freelance Drafter
• Constructed as-built drawings for commercial tenant improvement projects.
• Conducted on-site visitations for measurement and documentation of existing structures and properties.
Woodbury University, Burbank, CA, US, BArch, School of Architecture
Completed the 5-year undergraduate architecture degree program. Participated in multiple design-build competitions. Studied abroad in Costa Rica for a Summer design studio while attending the Mundaneum International Architecture Seminar in 2009. Much of my education involved both architectural and photographic courses, combining aspects of history, theory and design . I participated in the Architectural Student forum and the Zone X Photography club.
Saddleback College, Mission Viejo, Architecture
General education along with architectural courses throughout each semester. Participated in design competitions against other colleges within the county.