KAI Design & Build, St. Louis, MO, US, Architectural Specialist
• Work within the architectural housing studio to prepare construction documents for mixed income housing developments.
• Coordinate with in-house and consulting engineers on architectural and MEPFP drawings.
• Support other projects as defined by Principal.
PRESERV Building Restoration Management, Inc., Brooklyn, NY, US, Production and Marketing Consultant
• Work directly with production team to prepare and deliver proposals, contracts, and subcontracts.
• Maintain image library, project information sheets, and working marketing material.
• Generate cost estimates and production schedules on a variety of projects.
• Update and maintain marketing materials, including portfolio, website, and related materials.
• Write, edit, prepare and publish bi-weekly posts about new, ongoing and recently completed projects.
• Maintain an up-to-date mailing list for bi-weekly e-blasts.
Bozoian Group Architects, Saint Louis, MO, US, BIM and Marketing Coordinator
• Develop responses to RFPs and RFQs.
• Prepare brochures, resumes and other marketing materials.
• Coordinate with consulting engineers and contractors on architectural and MEPFP drawings.
• Meet with materials representatives and organize architectural material library through CSI numbering system.
• Prepare building permit applications, cost estimate projections, and coordination meeting minutes.
• Manage and support external communications including calls and meeting prompts.
• Maintain and update contact database.
Save Our Cemeteries, New Orleans, LA, US, Cemetery Restoration Intern
• Survey and document historic structures such as monuments, mausoleums, tombs, sculptures, footstones, obelisks and other cemetery structures in St. Louis Cemetery No. 2.
• Actualize online database of monthly publications and cemetery research, including surveys, maps, and photographs for public use.
• Assist in cemetery preservation including stabilization, maintenance and restoration of historic ironwork, tombs and vaults.
• Perform historical research at local archival institutions.
• Complete measured drawings.
Historic Preservation Commission, City of Columbia, Columbia, MO, US, Preservation Marketing Intern
• Perform internal projects as assigned; including document retrieval and imaging.
• Complete detailed brochure to be used for public awareness toward historic preservation.
• Attend and log minutes of monthly meetings for the Commission.
• Graphic design and printing services, including designing informational pamphlets
• Research vendors for competitive prices on goods and services.
• Collect and update data relating to identification, historical significance, construction period, function, physical description and condition.
Berkibile Nelson Immenschuh McDowell, Inc., Kansas City, MO, US, Day in the Life Intern
• Carry out special projects as assigned by head designer.
• Develop conceptual layouts for residential design project.
• Organize material and literature libraries.
• Complete measured drawings as assigned.
• Attend and log meeting minutes.
• Manage and support external communications.
Tulane University, New Orleans, LA, US, Masters, Preservation Studies
Thesis: Evolution of the St. Louis Brewery and options for preservation and reuse of remaining abandoned brewery structures.
Final Project: Development of a comprehensive infill design located in an area of historic significance. Course work: Preservation Technology, History of Architecture in the Americas, Introduction to Preservation Studies, Preservation Studio, Preservation Law
Colegio Universitario San Geronimo de la Habana, Havana, CU, Study Abroad
Extensive study of the Cuban culture and preservation techniques through classroom and field studies experience. Examined the historical, cultural, social, economic, and political developments that have marked Cuban life.
University of Missouri - Columbia, Columbia, MO, US, Bachelors, Architectural Studies
Design Program accredited by Council for Interior Design Accreditation (formerly FIDER) Thesis: Redevelopment of historic warehouse building into multimedia community center. Course work: Architectural Studios, Building Technologies, Methods and Materials