My name is Kathleen Guede. I recently graduated from Florida International University with my Masters degree in Architecture. I consider myself a highly motivated, detail oriented individual. I am seeking a full-time position in a company that will enhance the skills I already have as well as provide the opportunity for personal and professional growth. Team player, works well under pressure and grasps new concepts and ideas quickly.
LEGO Construction Co., Miami, FL, US, Project Manager/Superintendent
• Had Port of Miami as a client and was PM for cruise terminal H improvements project.
• Designed a couple of low income homes for the Miami-Dade County Affordable Housing Program.
Design got approved for construction.
• Developed the program of work and strategy for making the project happen.
• Planned ahead to prevent problems on site before they occurred.
• Made safety inspections of the site while work was being performed and ensured regulations relating to health safety.
• Used construction management software to plan work flow smoothly.
• Communicated with a range of people including clients, subcontractors, suppliers, the public and the
State General Contractor, Inc., Hialeah, FL, US, Drafter/Designer
• Created visual guidelines for construction purposes.
• Drafted technical details.
• Specified dimensions, materials, and procedures.
• Used computer aided design and drafting systems to prepare drawings.
Florida International University, Miami, FL, US, MArch, Architecture
Groups + Achievements:
Alumni of Alpha Rho Chi Professional Fraternity, Inc.
Participated in the following competitions, publications + exhibitions:
• Featured in thesis book “Always in Progress”.
• Chicago Prize Competition 2012: Future Prentice.
• 2013 Design 9 Charette Exhibition at FIU Miami Beach Studios.
• Work exhibited in the FIU SOA gallery + Freedom Tower.
• Work exhibited + installed at Oleta River State Park.
• Participant in Design Mix 2013.
• Participant in Eco Couture 2014.
Miami Dade College, Miami, FL, US, Architecture