I am trained as an architectural interior designer with a Masters degree in Interior Design (New York School of Interior Design) and a Bachelors degree in Architecture (New Jersey Institute of Technology). My past work experiences range from architectural design, to commercial construction, and freelance graphic design. From a young age I have felt strongly influenced by interior environments, and have since recognized that this spatial sensitivity is what has triggered my fascination with analyzing and improving various conditions within interior spaces.
Studio JAB, Madison, NJ, US, Freelance Designer
- Assisted in kitchen designing and 3D modeling
- Collaborated on presentation board design for 2010 AIA Newark & Suburban Design Awards "Honorable Mention" award-winning project
Heuer & Company, Waldwick, NJ, US, Architectural Intern
- Assisted in all aspects of contracting process including: pricing, bidding, permits, and construction phases
- Worked as a liaison between clients and architects, designers, subcontractors, and vendors
The Biber Partnership, Summit, NJ, US, Architectural Intern
Rutgers' Busch Campus Dining Facility Addition
- Assisted in schematic design drawings and initial design proposal drawings
Rutgers' Livingston Campus Dining Commons
- Facilitated construction documentation and adjustments
New York School of Interior Design (NYSID), New York, NY, US, Masters, Interior Design
Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Interior Design. To view examples of my work, please visit my website: www.kazukidaimo.weebly.com
New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), Newark, NJ, US, Bachelors, Architecture
Bachelor of Science (BS) in Architecture. To view examples of my work, please visit my website: www.kazukidaimo.weebly.com
Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society, Other
After completing the first year of my Bachelor's degree, I was asked to join the Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society which recognizes students who excel scholastically.
NJIT Faculty Scholarship, Scholarship
I was awarded New Jersey Institute of Technology's Faculty Scholarship from 2006-2011 due to my excellent performance in academics.
Albert Dorman Honors College Scholarship, Scholarship
From 2006-2011 I was awarded the Albert Dorman Honors College Scholarship through the New Jersey Institute of Technology due to my excellence in academics, leadership, and community service.