see all...Viewing 3 out of 4 projects
Please visit my full portfolio which can be viewed at: http://katemazza.wix.com/portfolio
Kim E. Courtney Interiors & Design, Huntington Bay, NY, US, Intern
• Contacted vendors for pricing and availability of fabrics and furnishings.
• Assisted in finishes selections for residential projects.
• Organized materials, files, and vendor binders.
American Society of Interior Designers (ASID), Blacksburg, VA, US, Student Representative to the Board
• Served as the communication link between the ASID Board and the student chapters of Virginia Tech, James Madison University, Virginia Commonwealth University, Radford University, and Tidewater Community College.
• Informed the board about student chapter activities at the quarterly board meetings and relayed relevant information from the meetings to student chapter presidents.
The Design Solutions, Melville, NY, US, Junior Designer
• Assisted the principal designer by creating CAD and Revit floor plans, elevations, and details for a residential project.
• Created finishes and furniture schedules and contacted vendors.
Town of Huntington Department of Parks and Recreation, Huntington, NY, US, Camp Counselor
• Supervised and entertained the youngest group of children, ages 5 to 7, over the course of two summer sessions.
• Ensured proper safety measures were taken in the cases of special needs, allergies, and behavioral issues.
KEM Interdisciplinary Studio, Blacksburg, VA, US, Interior Design Department Representative
• Participated in a two week, interdisciplinary studio sponsored by KEM Studio of Kansas City.
• Collaborated with students of architecture, industrial design, landscape architecture, and graphic design to complete three complex projects.
• Presented the final project with my team to the College of Architecture + Urban Studies upon completion of the program.
New York School of Interior Design (NYSID), New York, NY, US, Masters, MFA-2 Post Professional Program
Thesis Design Studio
Directed Thesis Research
Art & Antique Appraisal
Art & Design History of China and Japan
Materials & Methods
History & Theory of Aesthetics
History & Theory I: The Classical Tradition
History & Theory II: The Modern Tradition
The Golden Mean
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech), Blacksburg, VA, US, Bachelors, Interior Design
Graduated with Honors, New York School of Interior Design, Other
Upon completion of my Master's thesis, I graduated with a GPA of 3.76.
Dean's List, Virginia Tech, Other
I earned a place on the Dean's List for four consecutive semesters at Virginia Tech.
Group Design for PricewaterhouseCoopers Bank, 1st Place
My undergraduate class held two one-week competitions. We were divided into groups of five to complete a project and present it to a jury composed of people within the relevant industry. For this project, we were to design a boutique bank for PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Group Design for Marvel Comics Store, 1st Place
My undergraduate class held two one-week competitions. We were divided into groups of five to complete a project and present it to a jury composed of people within the relevant industry. For this project, we were to design a store for Marvel Comics in Manhattan.
College of Architecture + Urban Studies' Diversity Committee Photography Award, 1st Place
The goal was to create a photograph that captured the diversity of the College of Architecture + Urban Studies. I captioned by photograph with this Margaret Mead quote: "If we are to achieve a richer culture...we must recognize the whole gamut of human potentialities, and so weave a less arbitrary social fabric, one in which each diverse human gift will find a fitting place."
My photograph can be viewed at: http://interiordesign.arch.vt.edu/home/kate-mazza-wins-1st-place-in-caus-student-photography-compet.html
James Hardy and Lollee Judd Richardson Scholarship, Scholarship