I am a recent graduate (June 2013) of California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo with a Bachelors of Architecture degree and a minor in Sustainable Environments. I am currently seeking full time employment at an architecture firm.
Asymptote Architecture, New York, NY, US, Intern
Changsha Masterplan Competition:
- designed and digitally modeled in Rhino 3D soft and hardscape park for masterplan proposal.
Steinberg Architects, San Jose, CA, US, Intern
Student Health and Counseling Center on San Jose State University's campus (Competition):
- Site visits and in-depth site analysis
- Schematic design from massing studies to completed proposal
- Digitally modeled in Sketchup and gained Revit experience
- Design-build aspect gave me the opportunity to work with contractors, engineers, consultants, and landscape architects, challenging me to maintain the big conceptual idea while also thinking about cost, practicality, and compromise with other team members and clients.
- Assisted in diagrammatic drawings and DD floor plans for final competition submittal.
Ohlone College Masterplan:
- Analysis of Ohlone College architectural history in relation to Mission San Jose neighborhood history
- Prepared diagrammatic drawings and presentation material on Ohlone College buildings
WE Architecture, Copenhagen, DK, Intern
Farum Urban Development Competition:
- Collaborated and completed submittal model
Oasen Cancer Counseling Center Competition:
- Facade and material studies
- Extensive modeling in studying form of landscape roof
- Co-led and assisted in fabrication of final submittal model
Architecture Department, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, San Luis Obispo, CA, US, Architecture History Teaching Assistant
Organized lecture material for Architecture History course series, held office hours for students, proctored and graded exams.
BCA Architects, San Jose, CA, US, Intern
Material research, product specification, introduction to LEED documentation, graphic design for PR and Marketing Dept., designed brochure for grand opening of new San Jose headquarters.
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, San Luis Obispo, CA, US, BArch, Architecture
Danish Institute for Study Abroad (DIS), Copenhagen, DK, Architecture & Design
Herbert E. Collins Scholarship, Scholarship
This scholarship, that is distributed among seven CAED students, is made possible through a generous endowment to the university in honor of Julian A. McPhee, the first president of Cal Poly. Upper division students (junior/senior/graduate) are selected for their academic achievement, industriousness and display of overall fine character. Note: Picked by School representatives in consultation with Department Heads