- I’m deeply passionate about design, about improving myself, life, and relationships.
- I design to make the world a better place, not just a wealthier place, and desire to be involved with artifacts that matter, make a difference, sustain the earth/people, and that are beautiful to experience.
- I offer a unique perspective of form and functionality, a diverse educational and experiential background, along with a strong, creative work ethic.
- My work is clean, orderly, and I bring a pleasant, fun attitude with the ability to be serious when necessary (…I have kids: )
- I present quality, thorough work.
- To sharpen my saw I enjoy hiking, visionary art, phat beats, nice weather, stormy weather, lush terrain, mountains, oceans, great friends, a good beer, and camping.
- I practice yoga, martial arts, meditation, and conscious living.
- I design my life…
LifeStream Designs, Seattle, WA, US, Principal
Freelance product and architectural design. As a recent 2012 graduate, I worked simultaneously on product research and development on a water hydration system for athletes as well as initiation and design of a 'Built Green' home in Seattle WA, that also went above and beyond the consideration of the environment by conforming to the science of Building Biology and Ecology, intending to mitigate the negative impact of poor indoor air quality, chemical toxicity in materials, and electro-magnetic radation.
Brenthaven, Seattle, WA, US, ID Intern
Ideation and Sketching for hard case products.
Oracle Gatherings, Western Wa Area, Artist/Coordinator/Scribe
Multi-media arts festival. Focus on Artist installations and general event construction along with the creation of archetype Sigils for each of 23 events. Average attendance: 600 - 1000 people.
University of Washington, Seattle, WA, US, Industrial Design, B-Des
Bachelor of Design, Industrial Design
Minor in Architecture
North Seattle Community College, Seattle, WA, US, Arch/Engineering Drafting Degree AAS
Worked on both an AA and and AAS sumultaneously. I was immersed in the building documentation and representation both by hand and computer with a focus on the latter. There was also a strong focus the basic engineering and how this related to building design. I used this to transition to the University of Washington Industrial Design program.
Institute For Bau-Biology & Ecology (IBE), Clearwater, FL, US, Certification Program
In depth studies and practical application of the principals of Healthy and Sustainable building design (originating Neuremberg, Germany) with a focus not only on the environmental impact of the our current building strategies, but also of the biological impacts to ourselves and our communities at large. I was one of 3 indivituals to pass the year long intensive out of a class of 17 with a score 97%.
Recieved faculty recognition at the graduating Senior Design Show and was awarded with 'Best industrial designer 2012' by professor Magnus Feil- University of Washington