Please visit josephmichaelbarajas.tumblr.com to see examples of my work.
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) - Housing & Hospitality Services, Los Angeles, CA, US, Architectural Associate
Coordinate a team of 4 in all aspects of multi-dwelling residential & commercial project management: project planning, design, construction & contract document preparation, construction administration. Client and vendor liaison.
MASS, Los Angeles, CA, US, Designer
Residential project development: design, construction & contract document preparation. Plan check coordinator and client liaison.
Studio Sarah Willmer, San Francisco, CA, US, Designer
Residential & commercial project development: project planning, design, construction & contract document preparation. Material research, pricing & selection. Client liason and office management.
California College of the Arts, San Francisco, CA, US, BArch, Bachelor of Architecture
• High Distinction at graduation
• AIA Henry Adams School Medal & Certificate of Merit, 2007
• ACSA/AISC Steel Design Student Competition, BILLBOARD, Honorable Mention, 2006
• Third Year Architecture Award for Design Excellence and Building Innovation, 2005
• National AIDS Memorial Design Competition, Fissure, Honorable Mention, 2005
The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, Copenhagen, DK, BArch, Architecture
• Internship, KHR Arkitekter
• Internship, JDS / Julien De Smedt Architects
Exceptional Residential: Bay Area Regional Design Awards is a unique design awards program that recognizes the best in Bay Area housing design.
Each year The American Institute of Architects awards an engraved medal and certificate of merit to the top-ranking graduating student in each architecture program accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board.