I am a building professional with 19 years experience in various areas. Areas from design, engineering to construction experience and construction administration. I have performed numerous of roles from carpenter, foreman, project architect, interior designer to construction project manager. I have worked in engineering firms, design firms to general contractors and construction firms.
Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY, US, Project Manager/Designer
Successfully designed and project managed 22 million dollars of university construction projects and campus facilities renovations, including additions and alterations to the:
• School of Dental Medicine 12,000 s.f. - budget: $4.5 million
• Graduate Chemistry laboratory renovations 15,000 s.f. - budget: $2.8 million
• Design & construction mgmt. of life sciences/chemistry/physics research laboratories 8 million dollars over 4 years
• Athletic sports complex renovations & gymnasium renovations 2.2 million dollars
• New building trades storage facility 2400 s.f. - budget: $700,000
• University commissary renovation and modernization project 5000 s.f. - budget: $900,000
• Handled campus wide storefront window and entrance doors replacements over a 3 year period – $900,000
• Designed and Managed University's medical school surgical residency training classroom renovations
I handle all client relations from concept to completion. Meet with clients for each project, write scope of work reports, feasibility studies, prepare estimates, handle design and preparation of construction documents, specifications and oversee construction till project close out.
Kuhn Brothers Construction, Inc, Setauket, NY, US, Carpenter/Supervisor
Supervised workers and trained new employees in carpentry and stick framed construction.
• Worked on 9,000 s.f. 6 million dollars worth of custom waterfront homes in Bay Shore, West Islip & Southampton N.Y.
• Was supervisor for 120 unit housing contract and community center over a 12 month period.
• Worked on various condominium projects and home developments for Pulte Homes, national homebuilder.
Burton Behrendt and Smith Architects, PC, Patchogue, NY, US, Project Architect
• Handled design and construction documents for a new 18,000 s.f., $5.5 million two story high school classroom and cafeteria addition for the Half Hollow Hills CSD.
• Worked on a 12,000 s.f. $2.4 million single story elementary school addition and alteration.
• Was Designer for new Washington Drive Primary school for Harbor Fields CSD located in Greenlawn, N.Y.
Reviewed construction documents & shop drawings, performed construction administration on projects during construction
Ehasz Giacalone Architects, PC, Farmingdale, N.Y., Project Architect
Managed preliminary design and full scope of work for various healthcare facilities on Long Island, N.Y. Projects included:
• Designed & managed (3) 1.5 million dollar gait analysis centers for the handicap/disabled
• 3.5 million dollar ICU critical care center
• 3 million dollar physical medicine and rehabilitation center
• Designed and managed various outpatient medical facilities for area hospitals:
- St. Charles Rehabilitation network
- T.J. Mather Hospital
- Winthrop University hospital
- Stony Brook University Hospital
- Nassau University Medical Center
• Managed projects for dialysis centers, diabetes care centers, oncology/hematology cancer treatment centers, ob/gyn centers, neurology, cardiology, radiology & surgical centers.
Worked on preliminary design and produced construction documents for new 22,000 s.f., $2.8 million community program center and additions in Port Jefferson, N.Y.
Wiedersum Associates, PC, Hauppauge, N.Y., Draftsman/Designer
• Worked on school building renovations for various long island school districts - Longwood, Plainedge and Hampton Bays school districts.
• Worked on roof and window replacement projects for several office and school buildings.
New York Institute of Technology (NYIT), Old Westbury, NY, US, BArch, Bachelor of Architecture