NY - Project Manager E Level
- Reconciles the goals and priorities of SOM with those of our clients while fostering opportunities for design and technical excellence.
- Manages projects towards profitability, monitors and documents project process while protecting SOM from financial and legal risk.
- Contributes to SOM’s leadership by enabling clear communications among team leaders, consultants and clients while promoting professional relationships internally and externally.
- Promotes Project Management as a discipline within and outside of SOM.
- Develops and maintains a Project Plan for each project.
- Prepares services agreement in conjunction with Project Partner.
- Serves as primary contact with client, external consultants and vendors.
- Receives and distributes project communication regarding delivery of services to all team leaders.
- Documents all phases of service.
- Chairs weekly project coordination meetings on all active projects.
- Schedules and chairs all client meetings. Records the minutes of these meetings and documents action items.
- Monitors services vis-à-vis the contract requirements and identifies changes in project scope, schedule or service that result in supplemental or additional services and bring such changes to the immediate attention of the client and Project Partner.
- Prepares, in conjunction with Project Accountant, appropriate billings and pursues payment compliant with services agreement.
- Maintains and updates project data in a timely fashion to insure accurate reporting of earnings and accurate billings.
- Reviews timecards on a weekly basis to insure consistency with Project Plan.
- Supervises one or more employees.
- Participates in marketing and business development.
- Actively pursues opportunities for professional development.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- 8 or more years of progressively responsible project experience.
- Licensed Architect or Engineer or equivalent of experience in a related profession.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of architectural design, drafting, detailing, building materials, building codes, construction techniques and costs.
- Proven knowledge of general architecture practice including programming, site planning, civil, structural, and mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills with the ability to build quick rapport with all levels of employees, clients, consultants and vendors.
- Proven ability in problem identification, problem solving and conflict resolution.
We ask that you complete an online application to requisition # (PMF-E) via the SOM Career Center: www.som.com/about#careers
Make sure you complete all fields in all three tabs. When prompted to “complete your resume profile,” you must upload your resume first. The system will attempt to auto-fill some fields in the application. Note that uploading a resume will erase anything you have already entered. After you upload your resume, you should complete any fields in the three tabs that were not auto-filled. When prompted for cover letter or EEO information, you must choose to either submit or skip. Please confirm with us when you have completed your application.
Work samples are required for all architectural positions and PDFs up to 6MB should be uploaded through “Resume Attachments” after completion of the main profile. Applications without work samples will not be reviewed.