Mid-Level Interior Architect
Los Angeles, CA, USLocation:
Wed, May 7 '14Posted on:
Mid-Level Interiors Architect
Do you love what you do? We do.
We are an atypical design firm that is changing the definition of what it means to be an architect and a designer.
Our firm is truly a multi-disciplinary design firm comprised of architects, interior designers, product designers, merchandising specialists, brand strategists, cultural anthropologists, advertising professionals and public relations experts. We have multiple offices and are looking for a few more exceptionally talented individuals to join our team. We offer an excellent work environment, cool culture and significant opportunities for career growth and leadership. If this is what you are looking for, send us your resume and some samples of your work.
We are looking for a Mid-Level Architect with a focus on Interior Design, 7 –10 years of experience. The ideal candidate will collaborate on commercial and retail interior projects, including programming client needs, conceptual and schematic design and design development. Must be able to provide project team coordination for finish plans, specifications and material selection required for construction. Must have the ability to develop custom furniture and interior architectural details. Our ideal candidate has the natural ability to prioritize a litany of tasks, negotiate schedules, garner trust and credibility, nurture relationships and communicate with extreme proficiency. All candidates must have well-rounded experience in commercial and retail buildings with particular focus on design from programming to material selection and detailing. Strong graphic and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work in a team environment, are also critical.
- FIDER accredited bachelor's degree in Interior Architecture or Interior Design required, or bachelor’s degree in Architecture with emphasis on Interiors. Certified Interior Designer or working towards certification a plus
- 7+ years of experience in leading or participating in the interior design of retail and/or restaurant projects
- Proven planning experience, including development of interior design concepts, space planning, expert knowledge of FF&E, planning codes, materials and budgets
- Must have good knowledge of codes, construction documentation & detailing for commercial interiors
- Experience in material & furniture research, selection and presentation for commercial and/or hospitality projects
- Ability to develop custom details and furniture from conceptual design through construction documents (Please provide examples of technical furniture and/or architectural details you have worked on either independently or in collaboration with the team. Please be prepared to explain these details comprehensively and your involvement with them.)
Strong ability to communicate and manage expectations of internal team members, clients and 3rd party consultants and contractors
- Track record for managing personal and project schedules on time and on budget
- Proficiency with Vectorworks and MAC-based systems is a plus
- Knowledge of 3D presentation software: Sketchup, Revit, 3D Vectorworks preferred
- Collaborates with design and implementation teams on retail/restaurant interiors projects from concept through implementation
- Uses space planning and interior design skills to translate the defined attitude and essence of the brands we work with into meaningful human experiences. Ultimately, the Interior Architect will be integral in bringing spaces to life in a way that supports the Client’s brand strategy and desired consumer behaviors.
- Presents design work internally and to external clients
- Heads coordination for the finished interior design plans on time and within budget including: selection of furniture systems, specifications and material selections required for construction
- Develops custom construction document with technical details for furniture and/or architectural elements
- Participates in the implementation of projects and review of submittals and finish samples
- Works with consultants, contractors, fabricators and specification writers to meet overall project objectives
- Shows future management potential through an ability to mentor team members and offer guidance
To apply, Please send representative samples of work, cover letter and resume via email to shookkelley-SHKK0268@applications.recruiterbox.com with heading: Mid-level Interiors Architect_your name. No phone calls please.