MR Architecture & Decor, a widely published architecture and interior design firm specializing in high end residential and retail work, currently has a job opening for a Project Architect. The position is open to motivated candidates with a commitment to design excellence and a proven ability to successfully execute projects from schematic design through construction completion. The following qualifications are required:
- Professional architectural degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the field with at least 4 years of experience as a lead project manager or project architect for all scales of projects;
- Highly developed skills in client communications, technical detailing, consultant coordination, and construction administration. Candidates must have extensive familiarity with methods of construction, materials, construction processes, etc.;
- Proficiency with developing drawing sets from schematics through construction documents. This requires a solid understanding of drawing conventions, technical accuracy, as well as the ability to creatively solve problems;
- Proficiency in ACAD and Adobe Creative Suite. Experience in 3D modelling software preferred (Rhino, Sketchup, etc.);
- Highly motivated with a commitment to design excellence;
- Strong leadership skills with an emphasis on junior mentoring;
- Thorough knowledge and experience with codes, review boards, and other regulatory agencies in New York City;
- Currently living in New York area. Must be authorized to work in the US without need for employee sponsorship.
For consideration, please forward resume, cover letter and work samples in PDF format to email@example.com. Please reference “Project Architect” in the subject line. No phone calls please.