The San Francisco office of SOM is seeking an experienced Project Manager with significant experience in one or several of the following markets; airports, multi-family housing, academic, health + science or government.
• Reconciles the goals and priorities of SOM with those of our clients while fostering opportunities for design and technical excellence.
• Manages project services required; maintains internal cost control procedures, monitors and documents project process.
• Contributes to SOM’s leadership by enabling clear communications among team leaders, consultants and clients while promoting professional relationships internally and externally.
• Promotes Project Management as a discipline within and outside of SOM.
• Develops and maintains a Project Plan for each project.
• Conduct important client communications and videoconferencing occasionally after hours.
• Convey valuable design information from the client to the design team.
• Prepares services agreement in conjunction with Project Partner.
• Serves as primary contact with client, external consultants and vendors.
• Receives and distributes project communication regarding delivery of services to all team leaders.
• Documents all phases of service.
• Chairs weekly project coordination meetings on all active projects.
• Schedules and chairs all client meetings. Records the minutes of these meetings and documents action items.
• Monitors services vis-à-vis the contract requirements and identifies changes in project scope, schedule or service that result in supplemental or additional services and bring such changes to the immediate attention of the client and Project Partner.
• Prepares, in conjunction with Project Accountant, appropriate billings and pursues payment compliant with services agreement.
• Maintains and updates project data in a timely fashion to insure accurate reporting of earnings and accurate billings.
• Reviews timecards on a weekly basis for conformance with the Project Plan.
Supervises one or more employees.
• Participates in marketing and business development.
• Actively pursues opportunities for professional development.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field or equivalent experience.
• 10 or more years of progressively responsible project experience.
• Licensed Architect or equivalent of experience in a related profession.
• Knowledge of Sustainable Design practices
• LEED Accredited a plus.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Project and Deltek Vision preferred.
• Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of architectural design, drafting, detailing, building materials, building codes, construction techniques and costs.
• Proven knowledge of general architecture practice including programming, site planning, civil, structural, mechanical and electrical engineering.
• Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills with the ability to build quick rapport with all levels of employees, clients, consultants and vendors.
• Proven ability in problem identification, problem solving and conflict resolution.
• Ability and willingness to travel internationally on a regular basis.
• Strong multi-tasking skills.
It is the policy of SOM to make all employment decisions on the basis of individual merit, personal qualifications, competence, and abilities to meet the requirements of the job, without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, sexual orientation, familial status, veteran status, or marital status (except where certain characteristics are essential bona fide occupational requirements or where a disability is a bona fide occupational disqualification), as required by federal and state law. This policy governs all areas of employment, including hiring, promotion, advancement, assignment, compensation, training, and discharge.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and portfolio at www.som.com/careers under the SF - Project Manager requisition.
More job listings from this employer:
San Francisco, CA, USTue, May 6 '14
San Francisco, CA, USTue, Jun 17 '14
San Francisco, CA, USThu, May 29 '14
San Francisco, CA, USTue, May 6 '14
Los Angeles, CA, USThu, May 29 '14
Chicago, IL, USWed, May 7 '14
New York, NY, USTue, May 13 '14
San Francisco, CA, USFri, Jul 11 '14
Chicago, IL, USTue, Jun 10 '14
San Francisco, CA, USMon, Jun 23 '14
San Francisco, CA, USThu, Jul 3 '14
San Francisco, CA, USThu, Jul 31 '14