Sr. Architectural Designer | Commercial/Mixed Use
Washington, DC, Richmond, VALocation:
Wed, Jul 23 '14Posted on:
HKS’s Washington DC Studio is looking for a talented Senior Architectural Designer to work on a range of project types in a dynamic and collaborative studio environment. The primary focus will be large scale Commercial/mixed use and master planning projects. This position requires a highly motivated and agile individual with strong design and technical capabilities, communication and graphic skills, and an ability to work in multiple digital and manual platforms within a holistic design process. The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for design excellence towards producing a cost effective, sustainable, and meaningful built environments. Project duties will include contributing to the full breath of a projects’ development, from conceptualization, design development and project implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with sector practice leaders throughout the region to create and plan the conceptual design of projects or major portions of projects
- Leads the design process from concept generation through design detailing
- Plans, organizes and supervises the work of the design team staff on one project or manages several smaller projects (organizes, executes, coordinates assignments)
- Makes client presentations without supervision when required.
- Coordinates with consultants and collaborates with teammates throughout project.
- Has ability to use multiple media (sketching, digital) to test, develop design ideas quickly and effectively
- Mentor talented design group and passion for elevating design within the firm
- Fosters a collaborative and interdisciplinary design process leveraging strengths of all studio members
- Engages with academic community, local organizations or other design related interests.
- Participates in marketing and business development pursuits where appropriate.
Education and Experience
- Architectural Registration Required.
- Typically may have 10-15 years of experience
- Experience in Commercial, Mixed-Use required
- Experience in Healthcare, Federal, and/or Science preferred
- Proficient in multiple software platforms including Revit
Submit resume to email@example.com. Please list "Archinect" in the subject line.