Project Architect - Construction Administration
Stamford, CT, USLocation:
Fri, Feb 21 '14Posted on:
The Project Architect/Construction Administrator will be responsible for Construction Administration services for large, complex projects including Healthcare, Education, and Institutional projects.
- Manages the preparation of construction drawings and construction detailing for contractors
- Produces reports and meeting minutes
- Reviews shop drawings and creates a master log of the project submittals.
- Directs procedures and activities related to project construction administration including, field observation, reports, change orders and pay requests.
- Coordinates the work of consultants.
- May supervise or perform site observation activities
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of Fifteen + years of architectural experience
- Minimum of Five years of construction administration
- Extensive proven experience with construction types and working collaboratively with contractors and building owners.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Understand and review building codes to assure that design complies with the minimum legal standards.
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, 3D and adobe programs
- Knowledgeable in: Newforma or other Document Management Software required
- Licensed preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or related field
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license and willingness to use insured personal vehicle in the course of employment.
If you would like to join a dynamic, energized, innovative and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills challenged, send your cover letter, resume and salary history as one file ( Adobe PDF preferred but Word is acceptable) to firstname.lastname@example.org with "STAMFORD - Project Architect - Construction Administration" in the subject line. No phone calls please. Perkins Eastman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the Federal E-Verify program. EOE/M/F/D/V