Interior Designer (Mid-Level)
Los Angeles, CA, USLocation:
Fri, Feb 21 '14Posted on:
NBBJ is an award-winning global design and architecture firm that leverages the power of design to drive performance.
Thinking deeper. Pushing boundaries. Fueled by the possibilities of design, ideas and knowledge, the firm has delivered groundbreaking places for clients for more than 70 years. Whether partnering with Google, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, University of California, Berkeley, University of Cambridge, Stanford University, Cleveland Clinic or Massachusetts General Hospital, NBBJ is known for setting new standards for environments that drive “speed to idea,” leverage new technologies, shift culture and, overall, enhance organizational outcomes.
The firm is a leader in design for science, higher education, healthcare, corporate, commercial, sports & event centers and civic spaces. It has ten offices worldwide, including Seattle (headquarters), San Francisco, Los Angeles, Columbus, New York, Boston, London, Beijing Shanghai and Pune, India.
Highlights & Accolades
- Featured in the New York Times, Fortune, Forbes and on NPR on the impact of design on the bottom line. (Read the recent New York Times story to learn more).
- Ranked as the #3 largest architecture firm in the U.S. by Building Design & Construction and Engineering News Record magazines.
- Among the 10 largest architecture firms in the world (World Architecture).
- Voted the “most admired healthcare practice” by Interior Design magazine.
- Awarded multiple AIA National Honor and BusinessWeek’s “Good Design is Good Business” awards.
Because NBBJ attracts the most interesting, diverse, and difficult set of design challenges in the world, in both the private and public sectors, they seek to hire talented design thinkers who represent many perspectives, disciplines, nationalities, and points of view. People thrive when they work in stimulating, supportive organizations so the firm provides resources and leaders who craft community. The firm’s unique culture makes NBBJ a great place to work. A few culture highlights include:
- Belief in the power of innovative design to impact organizations and communities
- Passion for creativity and innovation
- Thought leadership and influencers
- Consultative approach to help clients achieve their mission
- Collaborative, team-based approach (it’s about your role, not your title)
- Transparent and honest
- Empowering people for impact (you can make a big difference)
- Opportunity to work on many high profile, multi-discipline projects
- Legacy of a global, larger firm with top design capabilities
For more information, please check out: NBBJ Change-Design overview, NBBJ workplace culture, NBBJ Vimeo, NBBJ Twitter, and NBBJ website.
NBBJ Los Angeles is seeking a mid-level Interior Designer "Generalist" with a strong knowledge of materials and furniture, in multiple markets, to work on large-scale corporate projects. One of the key fundamentals to our success is our integrated project teams: interior designers and architects work together in a highly collaborative environment taking projects from concept through construction.
Skills and Qualifications (required unless otherwise noted):
- Interior Design or Interior Architecture degree from an accredited program
- 5-10 years of professional experience as an Interior Design Generalist
- Strong knowledge of materials and furniture, ideally with broad project experience, in multiple markets
- NCIDQ certified, or on track for certification; LEED AP certification desired
- Proficiency in Revit; knowledge of 3-D modeling, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, SketchUp, Rhino, 3D Max desired
- Commitment and passion for design; with a very keen design sense and ability to connect concept through to the details
- Strong graphic presentation skills with the ability to prepare presentation materials, diagrams and renderings for client presentations
- Appropriate knowledge of color and materials with the ability to select and research materials based on design concept, code requirements, proper use, durability, sustainability, and cost
- Current knowledge of furnishings and upholstery with the ability to select, budget and specify
- Experience in corporate workplace planning and design (concept through CA) strongly preferred
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment with a diverse team of designers –architects, interior designers, graphic designers, and lighting designers–from schematic design through construction administration
- Self-starting and capable of basic project management (budget monitoring, design work plan and flow, creating and managing schedules, etc.)
- Ability to construct interior models
- Ability and talent for working with teams locally and remotely
- Participate in collaborative meetings with team to advance the interior design
- Strong problem-solving, listening and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks against deadlines
- General knowledge of building codes and standards
- Capability to prepare design and construction documents and coordinate specifications
- Ability to travel
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply visit: www.nbbj.com/careers/