The San Francisco office of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP is looking for exceptionally talented designers with strong conceptual skills, capable of fulfilling lead design roles on projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Contributing actively in establishing the design framework of projects as part of a larger team
- Exhibiting an excellent understanding of the design philosophy of projects and then relating assigned tasks to that philosophy
- Performing work on basic segments of a project
- Contributing to detailed preparation of design and construction documents and solutions to general architectural problems
- Working with project team members to check on and coordinate details and dimensions
- Collaborating across disciplines and departments to ensure well coordinated and designed projects
- Completion of five or six-year architectural degree program or graduate of four-year program
- Experience in design development, architectural design, documentation, and detailing on a wide variety of projects
- General knowledge of architectural practice including site planning, civil, structural, mechanical, electrical engineering and construction costs
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of building materials, detailing, construction techniques related engineering principles and building codes
- Ability to translate complex designs into clear, concise details and construction documents
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling such as Revit, Rhino, and 3D Studio Max, Rendering using mental ray or vRay, AutoCAD Architecture 2008, Photoshop, Illustrator, Powerpoint.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and portfolio at www.som.com/careers under the SF - Architectural Professional requisition.