Junior Architectural Designer
Los Angeles, CA, USLocation:
Mon, Feb 10 '14Posted on:
KAA Design is seeking candidates for the position of Junior Architectural Designer to support the development and documentation of primarily high-end custom residential projects under the supervision of the project leaders. This position will require strong proficiency in ArchiCAD for daily project tasks.
ABOUT KAA DESIGN
KAA Design was founded almost 25 years ago with a simple belief that design has the power to elevate the human spirit. Today, under the leadership of its two principals and four associates, the 29-person firm is nationally regarded as a leader in the field of custom residential architecture.
- Degree from an accredited Bachelor or Masters of Architecture Program (LEED accreditation is a plus but not required)
- 2 to 5 years of related professional experience required
- Proficiency with 3D CAD is a must, with ArchiCAD experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency with SketchUp is a plus but not required
- Perform drafting, 3D modeling and presentation work for the project following KAA Design’s Graphic Standards
- Develop conceptual sketches into design presentations
- Coordinate materials and color palettes for presentation
- Develop sketch details into CAD drawings and prepare design development and construction documents
- Maintain logs and records necessary to manage the project
- Compose transmittals and other correspondence necessary for the project
- Prioritize, delegate and coordinate tasks with project team members
- Research public agency requirements and prepare site analysis documents
- Prepare and coordinate cost estimate budgets as required per the phases of the project
- Inspire and motivate current employees
- Assist in maintaining fiscal responsibility for each project
- Work and communicate in all phases as an integral member of the architectural team
- Perform work according to the KAA Core Values.
Submit cover letter, resume and portfolio samples, with indication of your role on the projects submitted, via email only – combined size not to exceed 5MB. We will acknowledge receipts of your information, but due to the volume of resumes received, only candidates being considered for a position will be contacted.
Please no hard copies, drop-ins or telephone calls.
4201 Redwood Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90066