Designer Job Description
- Build and manage FFE project budgets based on design intent
- Review architectural floor plans and elevations for design sign off
- Oversee FFE procurement, manufacturing and installation schedule
- Plan, design and supervise major renovations, remodeling and additions.
- Prepare construction documents, write specifications, review bid documents.
- Meet with department heads or representatives to determine interior architecture needs including determining space utilization and fabric and color selections of wall, floor, and window coverings.
- Maintains illustrative materials on available products and materials for selection by the user.
- Meets with vendors, suppliers and contractors. Review interior needs with sales representatives and vendors to determine who can provide the best service.
- Procures furnishings, materials and equipment.
- Prepares proposals for design work including sketches and costs estimates for labor, equipment, and materials.
- Prepares final designs and specifications within budgetary restrictions.
- Helps estimators with complex interior projects.
- Performs necessary drafting work for projects.
- Coordinate and work with senior designer(s) in the development of overall design concepts.
- Create furniture layouts, perspectives and render for presentation
- Prepare schemes and sample boards to include, furniture, fabrics, and accessories
- Select and document necessary specifications, schedules and material references; approved colors, finishes, materials required into a spec book.
- Prepare spec sheets for all selected and custom items.
- Develop necessary and appropriate budgets required for the assigned project.
- Request pricing from suppliers
- Assist in the preparation of Purchase Orders
View your Application History
- Bachelor's degree with major course work in interior design and 2+ years of related experience or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Considerable knowledge of the practices and principals of interior design.
- Considerable knowledge of the preparation of proposals and specifications for interior design work.
- Knowledge of drafting procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Skill in designing interior alterations, renovations, and new layouts.
- Knowledge of CAD programs.