Join us in our beautiful NEW office, centrally located near the John Wayne Airport in Irvine, California.
Douglas Pancake Architects, Inc. (DPA), located in Irvine, California, is seeking an experienced Job Captain or Project Architect to join our close-knit team of compassionate and talented individuals. DPA specializes in serving the senior housing and healthcare industry by creating supportive, meaningful and healing environments for seniors – the most frail and vulnerable members of our community. First considered are candidates who possess the core qualities of compassion, enthusiasm, strong character, high intellect and strong interpersonal skills. Experience in housing and healthcare occupancies is desirable but not required.
- Will apply advanced skills, knowledge and education to all phases of projects from conceptual design through construction administration.
- Building code research and analysis, and compiling data as required by the project.
- Assist in site investigation reports (site photos, site field conditions, etc.)
- Responsible for leading the development of key portions of the design and construction documents, exercising discretion and judgment in interpreting design intent and building code interpretation.
- Interact with, and provide quality service to clients by establishing and maintaining trust and confidence with the client.
- Collaborate with, inform and direct consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives.
- Monitor progress toward deliverable schedules. Keep Project Manager apprised of project status and submit recommendations as project progress or when necessary.
- Experience in Type V-A and Type I construction preferred; all construction experience helpful.
- BIM software experience mandatory (DPA utilizes ArchiCAD/ will provide training as needed)
- Completed 3-6 years’ related experience working with computer design, architect design and construction documents and in project design on projects of routine complexity.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, as well as independently
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, with sensitivity to deadlines and prioritizing work
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned work of a technical nature from multiple sources
- Ability to learn and perform tasks quickly and accurately from verbal and written instructions with minimal supervision and self-direction
- Graduate-level knowledge of architectural design techniques and ability to apply those techniques
- Intermediate knowledge of building codes and regulations, and ability to apply code to drawings
- Ability to present a positive and professional image to clients, staff and community to dress suitable to the position.
- Courteous, effective verbal and written communication
- A working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, In-Design, Artlantis and CAD programs.
- A Bachelor in Architecture degree (B.Arch.) or Master in Architecture (M.Arch.) from an accredited college or university.
- Licensed, or actively seeking IDP and professional licensure.
- project status and submit recommendations as projects progress or when necessary.
DPA offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, professional growth and performance based bonus/incentive program, 401(k), and health insurance. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Interested individuals should provide a resume (pdf format preferred) and cover letter. We will consider local candidates who have authorization to work in the US only.
Please submit resume, statement of interest and salary history/requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.