Senior Project Accountant
The San Francisco office of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP is currently seeking a Senior Project Accountant to join their team.
- Full responsibility for the accounting and billing of specific projects.
- Review preliminary invoices for appropriate labor, expense charges, billing rates, fees maximums and makes appropriate changes and reclassifications.
- Participate in compliance meeting with team and reviews the completed compliance form with the Project Manager.
- Review and analyze the financial condition of each project (accrual and cash) on a monthly basis and advises the Project Manager and Financial Controller as to the material variances from budget to actual.
- Alert the Financial Controller regarding any internal control problems or questionable practices.
- Assist PM in identifying the need for additional services as necessary.
- Work with PMs to properly setup and maintain projects in both Vision Accounting and Vision Resource Planning systems.
- Responsible for obtaining information to properly set up a project for all disciplines, functional markets, geographical markets, and other qualitative data.
- Manage financial aspects of consultant relationships.
- Update outstanding receivable statements, billing summaries and consultant summaries that are for client's use.
- Issue project performance reports accurately and promptly.
- Assist in fee and expense analysis.
- Process accounts payable as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Business Administration or comparable experience.
- 5 years or more of Project or Job Costing experience.
- Experience in Architecture, Engineering or Construction industry.
- Ability to prioritize, organize work flows and juggle conflicting demands.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to interface with project managers, clients and architects.
- Hands-on experience with billing and project accounting.
- Experience with Microsoft office including but not limited to Microsoft Excel.
- Deltek Vision Accounting system experience a strong plus.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume at www.som.com/careers under the SF - Senior Project Accountant requisition. Thanks!