Entry Level Designer, Retail Stores
The Designer collaborates with project teams in the design development of new stores, renovations, remodels, and special projects. The Designer will develop brand-driven spaces that engage the customer in unexpected ways. The role also includes coordination in the development and the production of a complete Design Development set for all design review meetings, and the Designer works with Store Planning and the Architect of Record to track documentation production.
- Coordinate with Senior Store Designers as instructed to ensure the delivery of a complete Design Development set to Shared Services and the Architect of Record for construction document production
- CAD assembly of comprehensive design development package
- Develop storefront renderings and interior perspectives using 3D programs such as Sketch-up or using hand sketches
- Ensure accurate documentation of design revisions and changes
- Facilitate the development of design drawings at the direction of Senior Store Designers
- Create finish boards and other deliverables as necessary for ARB’s, community approvals, LPC, etc
- Participate actively in design brainstorming sessions, and present inspirations images and ideas to the team
- Participate in Design Review Meetings as necessary to gain understanding of the evolution of new design concepts
- Responsible for knowledge of schedules set by the Studio Operations Manager and meeting all deadlines
- Work on multiple projects with variable timelines concurrently
- 2+ years of professional experience in an architecture or interior architecture firm
- Ability to work towards deadlines
- Design/architecture background demonstrating knowledge of multiple creative and technical disciplines.
- Efficient with Autocad, Adobe Programs, 3D Programs (Sketch-up)
- Creative vision centered on design and architecture
- Excellent Hand Drawing Skills, sketching skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
B.A./B.Arch or higher preferred
To apply, please send resume to Ann Minnium at firstname.lastname@example.org.