OMA is a leading international office practicing architecture, urban planning, and cultural analysis. OMA is dedicated to the realization of buildings and masterplans around the world that insist on intelligent forms, while inventing new possibilities for content and everyday use. OMA has projects in over 30 countries with offices in Rotterdam, New York, Beijing, Hong Kong and Doha. The counterpart to OMA is AMO, a research and design studio working in media, politics, renewable energy, technology, publishing, fashion, micro-design and cultural advisory.
The OMA Business Development (BD) team located in Rotterdam is responsible for actively developing, acquiring and assessing potential projects, conducting market research and following up on market opportunities worldwide. The BD team has an immediate need for an Intermediate Business Developer.
In this position you will work on the preparation of and responding to PQQ’s, RFQ’s, RFP’s, RFI’s, and direct assignments proposals. You will maintain a clear overview of a continuous flow of business related inquires and initial assessment of potential new projects. You will strategically work on market research, prepare regular status updates, develop marketing material and provide active support to the Business Development team. You will report to the Head of Business Development.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in similar professional environment
- University degree in Architecture, preferably combined with (International) Business Administration, Communications, Economics, or Marketing & Research
- Experience in responding to PQQ, RFQ, RFP and RFI processes, and direct assignment.
- Knowledge of design processes, preparation of scopes of work, consultants selection and contracting, financial submissions and preferably contract negotiation
- Professional experience in assessing potential projects, both technically and financially
- Stress resistant, able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Self-disciplined and affinity with an ambitious and dynamic work environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Pro-active hands-on mentality
- Affinity with architecture, master planning and/or the art & design world
- Skilled in MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Photoshop)
- Fluent (written and spoken) in English. Second language is a pre
To apply, visit www.oma.com/jobs and use our online application form to upload your cover letter and resume.