Interior Designer / Architect Needed ASAP
New York, NY, USLocation:
Wed, Feb 27 '13Posted on:
High end residential Interior Design/Architectural firm located in Midtown is seeking an experienced Interior Designer/Architect with proven skills in this field. This position requires a minimum of 5 years of experience and at least 3-5 recent residential projects. Must have the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment as well as the ability to multi-task as we are a small office in need of a self starter who is motivated, organized, and detail oriented. You will also be required to work independently.
Some responsibilities consist of:
- Work closely with the Principal and possess the ability to contribute design options based on client-driven criteria.
- FF&E specifications, processing purchase orders and invoices and constant communication with vendors and clients
- Drafting and through understanding of construction drawings
- Fabric, furniture and accessories sourcing
- Knowledge of local material resources within NYC.
- Seasoned and experienced design professional
- Individual must have the ability to manage multiple projects and positively contribute to each project
- Advanced conceptual design, design development, construction documents, and space planning skills.
- Advanced knowledge of all interior design phases of corporate projects of varying sizes and complexities from initial programming through construction to final move in.
- Have a working knowledge of techniques, products, and materials used in high-end residential environments.
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience in design of high-end residential projects and preparing comprehensive interior design packages including architectural detailing and knowledge of construction documentation.
- Associate/Bachelor's degree from an accredited school of design or architecture
- Ability to work in a team environment with good collaboration skills.
- Strong team building, organizational, presentation and communication skills (both verbal and written) are essential
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Office are REQUIRED. (InDesign, SketchUp, Rhino, 3D Max a BIG plus)
- Hand sketching ability a must
Only candidates who meet the qualifications and include 2-3 work samples will be considered. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS
Please send cover letter and salary requirements to Nycnewjobs@gmail.com
Back to Job List...