Dixon Advisory USA is the manager of a Residential Property Investment Fund in the New York Metropolitan Area (“US Masters Residential Property Fund). We have invested $165m in individual homes in the Hudson County area. We have committed funding to invest a further $300m in the New York Metropolitan area, with the new focus of expanding our portfolio to include residential property in Brooklyn and Manhattan, New York. We are currently seeking an Architectural Designer specializing in brownstone rehabilitation in New York City (preferably Manhattan and Brooklyn) to join our growing team.
We are currently seeking a full-time permanent Architectural Designer with extensive experience in historic brownstone rehabilitation in New York City. In this dynamic position, reporting to the CEO of Construction, you will be working directly for one of the most skilled and experienced residential property investment teams in the New York Metropolitan area.
Previously we have outsourced the design function to an external Architectural Firm, due to rapid expansion, the volume of properties requiring repair and reconfiguration in our portfolio and our furthered focus on the successful rehabilitation of the Fund’s properties we are seeking to recruit a talented Architectural Team to manage the design process in-house.
In this new and exciting role your primary focus will be the rehabilitation of brownstone properties owned and purchased by the Fund in Brooklyn and Manhattan.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Inspection of properties requiring significant repair and reconfiguration to determine required scope of work.
- Full responsibility for design conceptualization on large scale projects.
- Production of high quality construction drawings and specifications for large scale brownstone residential remodeling projects, including electrical, plumbing, lighting and floor plan layouts.
- Working with the CEO of Construction to determine construction budgets on large scale projects.
- Liaising with the City regarding permits.
- Bachelor degree in architecture or related degree.
- Demonstrated work experience with Interior Design and/or Architectural Firm
- Extensive experience and passion for brownstone rehabilitation in NYC
- Minimum of eight years’ experience.
- Project management and strategic planning experience.
- Knowledge of NYC building codes is essential.
- Knowledge of NJ building codes desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of procedures for construction documents.
- Thorough understanding of building materials and construction methods.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Excellent computer and technology skills, including proficiency in AutoCAD
- Enthusiastic to work hard in a growing company.
- Must be a self-starter who is comfortable achieving maximum results with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- CLEAN driving record.
Please email expressions of interest to: email@example.com