Studio AR&D Architects is seeking an entry to mid-level Architectural Designer to start immediately.
We are looking for a highly-organized individual who will thrive in a very fast-paced creative environment. Candidates must be comfortable working on new design and construction methods, and excel at multi-tasking.
Projects vary in size, nature, and complexity thus requiring an individual with a keen sense of design skills and the ability to work effectively and efficiently. Work tasks will include taking a project from conception through completion with lots of hands on experience and potential for individual growth. Exploration and development of different space programming, conceptual ideas, construction details and materiality are just a few of the many facets to this firm as we provide innovative designs and work with the changing demands that this profession requires.
Responsiblities include but not limited to:
- Developing design sketches, layouts & details based on instructions from the Principal & Project Managers.
- Creating floor plans & elevations using AutoCAD and ArchiCAD.
- Collaborating with contractors, subcontractors & consultants on site in the field
- Creating 3d models and renderings using Sketchup, Rhino & Grasshopper
- Ability and proficiency with graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Interest in contemporary architecture
- Preparing client presentations & proposals.
- Attending client meetings & interaction with clients, email, phonecalls and through in person meetings and presentations.
- Researching & sourcing materials, vendors, pricing and product specifications.
- 1-3 years experience at an Architecture firm
- Highly Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign) , AutoCAD and BIM.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of detail and accuracy.
- Being a self-starter who can take initiative & ownership of duties given while also working well as part of a team
This is a full-time position. Available immediately.
Please send cover letter, resume, & portfolio with references to email@example.com with “Architectural Designer” as the subject line. Please, no phone calls or third parties.