Senior Project Architect (Interior specialty)
Los Angeles, CA, USLocation:
Mon, Mar 20 '17Posted on:
MAD works in forward-looking environments, developing futuristic architectures based on a contemporary interpretation of the eastern spirit of nature. All of MAD’s projects, from residential complexes and offices to cultural centers, desire to protect a sense of community and orientation toward nature, offering people the freedom to determine their own experience. Based in Beijing and Los Angeles, MAD currently employs 90 architects from around the world. Find more information about our firm at www.i-mad.com.
We are seeking a Senior Project Architect (Interior specialty) with a minimum of 8+ years of experience working for a major international architecture firm. Experience with interior detailing of large-scale cultural projects is highly preferred. The position will be based in MAD’s growing Los Angeles office. MAD’s current projects include high-rises, mixed-use developments and cultural projects in North America, Europe, and China. The ideal candidate should be extremely professional, possess strong critical thinking expertise, an excellent orator, and be knowledgeable in all project phases, from SD to completion.
- Possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience. Licensed architect preferred.
- Experienced with 8+ years of progressively responsible project experience working for a major international architecture firm.
- Have experience on completed large-scale cultural projects, specializing in interior detailing, from SD to completion.
- Have expertise in Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, Maxwell, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Be an exceptional leader who can direct and manage design teams effectively to ensure overall design quality, scheduling, and execution. Must be attentive to detail.
- Possess excellent presentation skills and demonstrate strong critical thinking solutions to MAD’s clients, collaborators, and other partners. Must be fluent in English.
- Be legally authorized to work in the US.
- Produce drawings and models while supervising and managing all other production from the design team.
- Communicate work details in every step of construction, including detailed documentation phases and extensive materials knowledge.
- Work closely with Executive Architects and Consultants to ensure that MAD’s design intent is preserved through all project phases.
- Balance a fast-paced work environment and execute obstacles and tight deadlines with a positive attitude. The candidate should be highly reliable, outgoing, a strong communicator, and able to prioritize and multi-task as required.
- Demonstrate project management experience and strong communication skills, managing ongoing projects and their respective teams.
Please send your resume and portfolio in PDF format (no larger than 5mb) to email@example.com