Heitler Houstoun Architects, an award-winning Manhattan based architecture and interior design firm, with a diverse portfolio of Residential, Retail, and Corporate Interior projects is seeking talented and motivated Project Managers with 4-7 years of professional Architecture experience (5-year B. Arch or M. Arch).
The ideal candidate for this position has 2-3 years experience managing a small team (ie. 2-5 people), independently or under the guidance of a firm Principal and is looking for diversity in the projects they are involved with. The candidate should be local to the New York City area for immediate placement (no international applications please)
Candidates should demonstrate experience in any of the following project types:
- New Construction –Multi-family Residential – Block and Plank, Steel Frame Detailing (Construction Type I and II)
- Gut Renovation – Single and Multi-Family Residential – Masonry Bearing, Wood Joist (Brownstone type) – (Construction Type III, IV, V)
- New Construction – One and Two Family Residential – Wood Frame Construction, Detailing, Permit Approval Process
- Interior Renovation - Residential – Multi-family Renovation, Apartment Combinations, Light Gauge Steel Stud Detailing
- Interior Renovation - Commercial – General Office (Business, Finance/Private Equity, Law, Academic Space)
- Retail – Apparel, Beauty, and Fitness for Local or National Brands – Urban/Storefront, Interior Mall Fit-outs
Candidates should demonstrate the following personal skills:
- Ability to manage internal and external deadlines through personal time management and effective team delegation.
- Experience with oversight and management of the workflow of a small project team.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a dynamic team in a fast-paced and rigorous environment.
- Self-motivated, well organized, and able to execute projects with little supervision
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a highly creative and disciplined environment through strong communication, organizational and collaborative skills.
- Define and solve complex problems, complete tasks accurately with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
Candidates should demonstrate knowledge in the following areas:
- Experience organizing & assembling construction documents with proven technical skills in detailing.
- Experience navigating third party approvals (building management, local zoning, local building department).
- Knowledge of national, state, local, and federal Accessibility Codes.
- Knowledge of national, state, and local Energy Conservation Codes.
- Knowledge of New York City zoning text, building codes, and the DOB permit application process.
Candidates should demonstrate knowledge in the following technical skills:
- Hand drawing and hand-sketching abilities to quickly express creative ideas or technical details
- A high level of AutoCAD experience, speed, and knowledge of the software
- Google Sketch-up, V-Ray, (Revit experience a plus).
- Knowledge of presentation and communication software tools: PowerPoint, In-Design, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Outlook.
- Knowledge of organizational software tools: Microsoft Project, Excel.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and at least five (5) work samples (5 MB maximum) of the candidate's professional technical and design experience in a bound PDF (no multiple files or website links, please), with a strong emphasis on construction document organization and preparation.
HHA offers full-time employees an industry leading benefits package. Compensation commensurate with experience and will be within the range of a 4-7 year position.
Please send an email to email@example.com with only the words "Project Manager" in the subject line.