Heitler Houstoun Architects, an award-winning Manhattan based architecture and interior design firm, with a diverse portfolio of Residential, Retail, and Corporate Interior projects is seeking talented and motivated Architects with 4-7 years of professional experience (5-year B. Arch or M. Arch).
The ideal candidate for this position has worked for several years under the guidance of a talented Senior Architect and is ready and able to lead a project team with minimal senior supervision.
Candidates should demonstrate experience in any of the following project types:
- New Construction –Multi-family Residential – Block and Plank, Steel Frame Detailing (Construction Type I and II)
- Gut Renovation – Single and Multi-Family Residential – Masonry Bearing, Wood Joist (Brownstone type) – (Construction Type III, IV, V)
- New Construction – One and Two Family Residential – Wood Frame Construction, Detailing, Permit Approval Process
- Interior Renovation - Residential – Multi-family Renovation, Apartment Combinations, Light Gauge Steel Stud Detailing
- Interior Renovation - Commercial – General Office (Business, Investments, Law), Academic Space
- Retail – Apparel, Beauty, and Fitness for Local or National Brands – Urban/Storefront, Interior Mall Fit-outs
Candidates should demonstrate the following personal skills:
- Ability to manage internal and external deadlines through personal time management and effective team delegation.
- Experience with oversight and management of the workflow of a small project team.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a dynamic team in a fast-paced and rigorous environment.
- Self-motivated, well organized, and able to execute projects with little supervision
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a highly creative and disciplined environment through strong communication, organizational and collaborative skills.
- Define and solve complex problems, complete tasks accurately with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
Candidates should demonstrate knowledge in the following areas:
- Experience organizing & assembling construction documents with proven technical skills in detailing.
- Experience navigating third party approvals (building management, local zoning, local building department).
- Knowledge of national, state, local, and federal Accessibility Codes.
- Knowledge of national, state, and local Energy Conservation Codes.
- Knowledge of New York City zoning text, building codes, and the DOB permit application process.
Candidates should demonstrate expertise in the following technical skills:
- Hand drawing and hand-sketching abilities to quickly express creative ideas or technical details
- A high level of AutoCAD experience, speed, and knowledge of the software
- Google Sketch-up, V-Ray, (Revit experience a plus).
- Knowledge of presentation and communication software tools: PowerPoint, In-Design, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Outlook.
- Knowledge of organizational software tools: Microsoft Project, Excel.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and at least five (5) work samples (5 MB maximum) of the candidate's professional technical and design experience in a bound PDF (no multiple files or website links, please), with a strong emphasis on construction document organization and preparation.
HHA offers full-time employees an industry leading benefits package. Compensation commensurate with experience and will be within the range of a 4-7 year position.
Please email email@example.com and indicate "Intermediate Architect" (only) in the Subject heading.