Project Manager / Project Architect
New York, NY, USLocation:
Tue, Mar 7 '17Posted on:
A+I is an award winning, design driven architectural firm offering a highly creative, highly collaborative work environment. We specialize in designing innovative workplace environments, retail spaces, and base building revitalizations . Our 60 person firm is an ideal fit for a hard-working, top-notch Project Manager / Project Architect looking for engagement in the design process and a high quality work environment.
- Manage substantial NYC commercial interior, retail, or base building renovations, and/or ground-up new construction, from initial programming through construction completion
- Maintain primary contact and interface with client as well as with client’s consultants, including engineers, filing expediters, and specialty vendors
- Supervise production staff for design and drafting / detailing of schematic, design development, and construction documents
- Manage interface with Contractor from early pricing to bidding, through construction completion
- Minimum 7 consecutive years’ relevant experience (post-grad) including substantial experience managing large projects, with demanding clients and schedules, and large consultant teams
- Comfort with multi-tasking and collaboration within a context of fast-paced projects
- Work examples that demonstrate, in addition to technical excellence, a sophisticated design sensibility.
- Deep knowledge of architectural practice and construction in general
- Ability to produce fully detailed and thoroughly coordinated construction documents
- Highly proficient in Revit, Autocad, Adobe Creative Suite, and 3D modelling, (preferably Sketchup)
- Professional architectural degree from an accredited institution
- Familiarity with NYC building codes
- Ideally currently living in NY area, available to start within 2-3 weeks of interview
- Excellent English language communication and client facing skills
- Legally eligible to work in the United States, without need for employee sponsorship
Please submit resume and work samples in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Limit submissions to a maximum 8 MB file size. No phone calls, please.