Senior Architectural Project Manager
SENIOR ARCHITECTURAL PROJECT MANAGER
ScavulloDesign is seeking a seasoned Senior Project Manager (PM) with 10+ years of residential interior architecture experience, with a minimum of 3 years experience as senior project manager to have primary management responsibility of projects and to work closely with the Principal on a regular basis. The Senior PM is responsible for establishing and monitoring the project budget and schedule, for guiding design staff, establishing work plans, and fees. This position requires a candidate with a strong track record of managing all phases of projects, overseeing project teams, and ensuring client satisfaction, while overseeing quality control and project financial performance.
RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Manage high-end residential interior design projects from concept to installation.
- Develop, update and monitor project schedules and work plans. Coordinate work plan and schedules with construction schedules as required.
- Develop and monitor fee budgets.
- Prepare project proposals
- Utilize VectorWorks to develop construction drawings, furniture layouts and lighting design.
- Manage the daily workflow of individual project teams and oversee/manage other Project Managers.
- Monitor overall Studio workload/schedule and coordinate project schedules in conjunction with manpower.
- Keep all interested parties apprised of significant details and events. Maintain continual two-way communication with principals and project team regarding project and client details. Regularly interact with clients in person and via phone/email to provide progress reports and address questions and concerns.
- Attend regularly scheduled project meetings. Visit job site and travel as required. Must own and have sole access to a reliable car. Mileage is reimbursed.
- Develop and review construction documents. Provide quality control. Review shop drawings
- Communicate regularly with General Contractor to support construction schedule and activities.
- Review weekly timesheets and monthly time billing, and regular updates on budget and expediting reports
- Implement our firm’s procurement and construction document standards. Participate in on-going efforts to standardize and streamline company production procedures and paperwork.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- 10+ years of hands on experience in a residential design or architecture firm, minimum of 3 years experience as senior project manager
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or Interior Design, or equivalent
- Must have strong technical skills and be highly skilled with construction documents, MS Office Suite (especially Outlook and Excel), drafting in VectorWorks (or equal). Other software a plus: Photoshop, SketchUp, 3-D rendering program
- Highly experienced with creating, redlining, and submitting Construction Documents
- Custom detailing for architectural materials (cabinetry, tile/stone, and furniture)
- Strong Knowledge of materials, applications, and construction
- Excellent project management skills:
- Project budgets
- Schedule development and monitoring
- Design fee management
- Strong time management skills a must
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a close team environment, while interacting and working effectively with architects, contractors, clients, vendors, fabricators in a professional manner.
- Able to communicate effectively, positively, and productively with staff and colleagues. Demonstrated competency to manage workflow of junior designers, design assistants, and interns.
- Must have a can-do attitude with strong problem solving skills.
ScavulloDesign delivers outstanding design, top-notch client service in a fun, supportive, dynamic, engaging office environment. Salary is competitive, based on qualifications. The benefits package includes generous Paid Time Off, 401K match, health, and dental insurances and incentive bonus. This is a tremendous opportunity for Growth, Expansion, Expression, Satisfaction and Success.
Please submit resume, cover letter, salary history, portfolio/work samples via email. Reference “Senior Project Manager Position” on the subject line.