Project Architect - Higher Education
New York, NY, USLocation:
Mon, Oct 13 '14Posted on:
Project Architect is a project leadership position with responsibility for architectural design and technical production of projects.
- Lead/assists a project team in development of the aesthetic and technical design and the preparation of architectural design and construction documents including drawings and specifications.
- Coordinate material identification and specifications with firm’s in-house Specification Writers.
- Assist in the Construction Administration phase including site meetings, submittals and preparation of field sketches.
- Production of drawings for all phases of a project from test fitting through Contract Documents and Construction Administration.
- Quality control of the contract documents.
- Help insure the design remains clear throughout the design and construction process.
- Must be familiar with construction and code norms in NYC and the tri-state area.
- Code review and implementation
- Generate details, both exterior and interior context.
- Lead in coordination with consultants and design team
- Ability to prioritize assignments.
- Understanding of project delivery, time management, and ability to deal with unanticipated events.
- Develops, checks and coordinates technical aspects of the design of a project.
- Prepares the project code review.
- Coordinates the work of Consultants.
- Supervises assigned staff.
- Follows established standards for project production and review.
- Keeps Project Manager and Principal in Charge informed of progress or need for assistance.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Architecture is required
- 4 to 8 years’ with Higher Education experience
- Strong organization, communication, technical and graphic skills
- Demonstrated experience in and readiness to lead the technical details of projects.
- Proficient with computer-assisted design software such as Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, In-design; 3D software such as Sketchup.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software
- License preferred
If you would like to join a dynamic, energized, innovative and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills challenged, send your cover letter, resume and salary history as one file ( Adobe PDF preferred but Word is acceptable) to email@example.com with "New York – Project Architect - Higher Education and your name" in the subject line. Please indicate the website reference source. No phone calls please. Perkins Eastman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the Federal E-Verify program. EOE/M/F/D/V