Technical Design Manager
Hong Kong, HKLocation:
Wed, Aug 20 '14Posted on:
As a leading global luxury fashion house, CHANEL strives to deliver an unsurpassed brand experience to each and every customer by focusing on excellence and innovation in everything it does.
At CHANEL, we believe our people are a great source of competitive advantage. The brand is expanding rapidly throughout the region and career opportunities exist for people who love working in teams, are service-oriented, and want to be part of the exciting world of fashion.
Technical Design Manager (Job Ref.: Archinect-201408-TDM)
The Technical Design Manager is part of an in-house team of professionals that executes retail projects for a prestigious international luxury fashion house, within the Asia Pacific / Greater China region.
- To lead a team of internal architects/ designers to manage technical issues related to construction documentation for retail interiors and external facades.
- Provide strategic planning on future technical enhancement of construction documentation
- Coordinating and evolving design details with concept architect’s team, project team, consultants and contractors
- Understanding of construction processes on site: experience includes built / completed projects within the past 5 years
- Ability to analyze, review and critique construction drawings and then recommend, plan and action technical improvements within the Design Team
- Work closely with internal Projects Team as well as external consultants/ contractors to ensure evolution of construction documentation, processes and procedures
- Master degree in Architecture or Interior Design required
- 7-10 years working experience in architecture / interior design with minimum 2-3 years experience in managing a team.
- Employment experience in an international esteemed architectural design practice
- Ability to lead and inspire
- Commitment to team collaboration, strong verbal and graphic communication skills
- Must be skillful in Building Integrated Modelling (BIM) by using Revit
- Enthusiasm and openness to explore and grow along a professional career path
- Note: Employment in CHANEL can fulfill NCARB IDP requirements
CHANEL provides extensive training, competitive salary and benefits, and a career path within a fast-growing organisation for employees. All of these are within a team-based working environment with active management support.
Explore further this career opportunity by applying via email: email@example.com. (Please quote the Job Reference on the email subject.)
Personal particulars collected are solely for recruitment-related purposes and will be treated in strict confidence.
“If you were born without wings, never prevent them from growing” Gabrielle Chanel