Los Angeles, CA, USLocation:
Wed, Aug 6 '14Posted on:
MAD works in forward-looking environments developing futuristic architectures based on a contemporary interpretation of the eastern spirit of nature. All of MAD’s projects from residential complexes, offices to cultural centers, desire to protect a sense of community and orientation toward nature, offering people the freedom to determine their own experience. Based in Beijing and Los Angeles, MAD currently employs 60 architects from around the world. Find more information about our firm at www.i-mad.com.
We are seeking senior architects with 10+ years’ experience in major international architecture firms who have participated in or completed large-scale projects. Experience with major public museums and cultural centers is highly preferred. The senior architect position will be based in MAD’s Los Angeles office and will require regular travel to China for extended stints in our Beijing office. Our current projects include high-rises, mixed-use developments and cultural projects in China, US, and Europe. The ideal candidate should also be extremely professional, possess strong communication skills and be experienced in execution phases, especially in DD and CD.
The ideal candidate should:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or higher in Architecture,
- Have minimum 10 years of experience, especially those that have participated and completed large scale projects at top tier international design firms. The ideal candidate should be extremely professional and possess strong communication skills.
- Experience with major public museums and cultural centers is highly preferred.
- At the beginning, there will be required trips to Beijing for extended periods to get familiar with partners, management, office culture, projects, and how we design.
- Be a strong leader, able to direct and coach design teams well to ensure overall design quality, scheduling, and execution. Able to supervise junior architects’ performance and deliver proper guidance for their career path and learning curve within the MAD office,
- Has expertise in AutoCAD, Rhino, Adobe Creative Suite and etc.
- Responsibilities will include producing drawings as well as supervising rest of the design team’s production.
- Be experienced in shop drawings and has strong knowledge in the profession. Possess the skills to communicate work details in every step of construction, including detailed documentation phases and extensive materials knowledge;
- Can keep up with the fast paced work environment and deal with obstacles and tight deadlines with a positive attitude. The candidate should also be positive and out-going, strong communicator and able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks when he/she is required to do so.
- Have deep knowledge, understanding and education of general design concept, technical terms, policy, protocol & rules for each project. Can absolutely understand, deliver and execute principals’ thoughts and ideas on project and design concept.
- Strong communicator that has project management experience and could communicate with clients and other partners. Has general oversight and management on several projects that he/she is overseeing.
Please send your resume and portfolio in PDF format (no larger than 5mb) to email@example.com