- Performs work on basic segments of a project.
- Contributes to detailed preparation of design and construction documents and solutions to general architectural problems.
- Exhibits understanding of design philosophy of projects and relates assigned tasks to that philosophy.
- Checks and coordinates details and dimensions.
- Reviews shop drawings and samples.
- Coordinates work with the project team.
- Adheres to procedures and directions.
- Organizes and prioritizes own work efforts and those working in a collaborative effort.
- Contributes to team effort through the spirit of cooperation.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of local office standards, policies and procedures.
- Completion of five or six-year architectural degree program.
- Minimum Bachelors degree in interior architecture or architecture.
- Licensed architect with minimum of three years professional experience in interior design, planning and detailing.
- Ability to create a program and develop plans based upon a program.
- Demonstrated general knowledge and abilities in documentation, architectural history, design and technology
- Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Illustrator, InDesign, 3D visualization, Photoshop
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and work samples at www.som.com/careers under the SF - Interior Designer requisition.