Project Interior Designer/Architect (5 yrs+) New York
Paula + Martha
New York, NY, USLocation:
Thu, Jul 24 '14Posted on:
Paula + Martha, LLC is currently seeking talented and highly motivated professional to join our creative NYC design firm. Candidates should have experience in developing client relationships, leading and mentoring a team and completing extremely high quality work. The Project Designer/Architect will collaborate with consultants and design team to produce a comprehensive design package through intensive coordination work.
Project based, could become full time.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and ability.
- 4-5 years+ of proven experience in all phases of design process: conceptual, detail and design development, construction documents, construction administration, site supervision
- Previous experience in high-end residential projects.
- Excellent AutoCAD and Adobe skills (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Highly developed skills in client communications, contract documentation, project scheduling, team leadership, building design, technical detailing, consultant coordination, construction administration
- A flexible and proactive approach to work as part of a team
- Ability to express well considered ideas in a clear and effective manner through a variety of media
- Familiarity with co-op board submissions, DOB filing sets
- Knowledge of local building codes
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Self-disciplined and confident
- Hands-on approach
- 3D modeling skills/sketch up is a plus
- An exceptional portfolio of student and professional work
- Knowledge of Studio Webware or comparable project management software is a plus
Please include a cover letter (including indication of availability), resume and selected work samples including prior construction document sets that you produced by email in PDF format. Work should demonstrate the full range of your talents in a single pdf document not exceeding 5 MB in size.
Please note that other file formats, larger files will not be considered.
*** NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE ***